H.H. Pope Shenouda III's miracles

Hey everybody,

If anybody has any miracles or extraordinary things that H.H. Pope Shenouda III did.
It would be much appreciated.

In Christ,
abosefien

Comments

• i think that when pope Kyrillos was pope, that was the time when the orthodox faith needed a holy man that can preform miracles, because when people see such things they become belivers.  but after his departure, the congrigation needed a pope that would give them specific details on the faith.  since pope Kyrillos did his duty unitying and bringing many people to Christianity, now the next step is to teach them how to be GOOD Christians, and not just by name. 
    i believe that now we need another pope that will perform miracles, because many Christians (including me) have become weaker in faith, and since we got all the books of pope Shenouda, once we see miracles, we will be more motavated to read them.

as far as i am concerned H.H. did no miracles, but it was not because he is not that he is not holy, but because it is not his call.
  • i am sorry if i am going to sound mean..

..but i dont think that it is right to speak about His Holiness in this manner "be agios"..primarilly b/c u dont know if he has performed miracles..and i dont know ..but maybe u may have some lack of knowledge on what all His Holiness has done during his reign over the sea of Saint Mark..i dont mean to be critisizing in any way..

and second thing..i dont thing this post is appropriate..primarilly this question is revealed after (God forbid..anytime soon)his departure into the heavenly jerusalem

however, if u want an answer of whether he is holy or has done miracles?...i can guarantee it..he is far more than the mere word holy..
    and as far as miracles..i am sure..i know that he does miracles..from a miracle that had happend with my father..but i dont think that it is appropriate to have miracles shared about him now..

but abosefien ..i am with u ..i would like to know and hear of some great miracles..but all things shall be revealed to us in the fullness of time..again i will say i dont think now is appropriate

i am sorry if i sound offensive in any way..i dont mean anything

pls forgive me
    keep my weakness in ur prayers
    -sister in Christ
  • forgive me if i have offended u, i reread my post and it is unclear and i can see why u r upset.

don't get me wrong i love H.H. pope Shenouda, he is Holy and he did MANY good things for our faith.  i was not trying to down talk him.  i was simply trying to say that as far as i know, he did no miracles and that doesn't mean that, "just because he didn't do miracles he is not holy"  on the contrary, who am i to judge anyone, nevertheless pope.  :-X

my point is that God did choose him to be pope and i agree with God's choice, but i was stating my opinion saying, "perhaps the next pope that we will have will publically perform miracles.  since it seems like that is what we need to strenghten our spirits just like pope Kyrillos did."

once again, i plea for your forgiveness and hope u understand what i am trying to say.  :'(
    i am not saying anything bad about H.H. .  i am actually trying to support H.H.  by saying that, "whether he preforms miracles or not, it is not a way of measuring someone's holiness." 
    but obviously he does do miracles because u have a personal experiance to support it.

• "be agios"..dont worry i was never offended in the first place..i was afraid that u would be offended from the message ..but i am soo glad that u r not and that u understood what i was trying to say..i aswell reread my post and did sound really really mean and aggresive..i didnt mean for the post to have that tone..i am sorry!!

and thanx for the clarification...it makes more sense now what u were trying to say..

sorry again..but i have a little comment about ur valid opinion...
    ..from biblical refrences miracles didnt affect pple..Christ performed many miracles..yet many still did not believe(for example the jews(isrealites) His assembled pple..did not believe in Him)..i dont know if nowadays..where sin..is pretty much all that is visible.. that miracles will change pple..when over 2000 yrs ago..when pple rarely sinned  were not changed and  did not believe in Christ
    ..however, on the other hand ..some did believe ..so maybe miracles may change pple..
    i guess the argument goes both ways..

pls forgive me
    keep my weakness in ur prayers
    -sister in Christ
  • that is actually a good point and i have not really thought about it that way.  it is a good thing u brought it to my attention.  the only thing we can do is wait and see, and i am sure what ever happens is for the best.

i am really happy that the devil didn't put anger in our hearts, and that we dealed with our opinion differences the Christian way.  thank God.  :)
  • [coptic]Iryny nem Agapy[/coptic],

Many saints didn't show that they are saints till they
    past on.. Maybe we will know all these things later..

Rabena ye5aliholna we yetawella fe 3omro...
  • People don't perform miracles, God does.
  • [quote author=Hizz_chiilld link=topic=6006.msg80215#msg80215 date=1197407844]
    People don't perform miracles, God does.

Well Hizz_chiilld,
    I didn't mean any miracles that H.H. the pope performed, i meant any miracles that God performed through him, just like H.H. Pope Kyrillos.
  • Umm I remember once in the keraza or some church magazine, there was a picture of HH Pope shenouda, and he was at a church annointing its new icons, and we was done blessing the icon of ArchAngel Michael and he walked passed it and someone took a picutre that got HH walking away from the icon to the next on and the icon of the angel moved and put his hands on HH's head and well yea the picture was amazing but i've never seen it since.
  • wow thats awesome Tishori,

THANKS for sharing

In Christ,
    abosefien
  • no problemo buddy! Glory to God.

GB
  • His Holiness Pope Shenouda III is a blessed man. God has truly usen him as a great instrument for the Coptic faith as well as Christianity in general. He has united many of the churches for discussion on points of agreement and this in itself is a miracle. May God preserve his life for many fruitful years to come.

God Bless.
  • my friend told me once someone asked Pope Shenouda in his question and answer sessions at the cathedral y dont you do miracles he said i want the person who wrote this question to stand up and no one stood up so he said the person in the 15th row 4th seat stand up.

im not sure about the validity of this miracle but that s wat my friend told me
  • Abflab91 what your friend told you was true and also Pope Shenouda did do miracles its just that when he passes away this stuff gets revealed bcuz if we talk about it know the devil is going to go fight him and I dont think we want that to happen.You get what im saying.May God keep his life for us for many years and peaceful times
  • It isn't fitting to speak about H.H's miracles but maybe we can speak of modern day miracles...
  • The wonderful miracle Pope Shenouda has is the thousands of sermons that no other pope in the church history has given.