coptic liturgies

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
i am looking for liturgies of st. basil and st. gregory entirely in coptic other than those of HICS.hope anyone can help.
thx

Comments

• shnoda,
    Have you ever tried the Remenkimi website on Geocities.com? Anyways, here it is;Coptic Liturgies.
  • I don't think he's talking about the text but the audio the best recording I've heard is by anba demetrious for St basil and for St gregory wagdi bishara but he has not put them back on the website yet but when he does that will be the best recording for St Gregory in Coptic
  • Shnoda,
    giving that u're from Alexandria , i assume u know arabic so u can check this site
    www.alhan-youthbishopric.com u'll find a video of the liturgie of St.Gregory in coptic by Bishop Raphael

(BTW..aren't u the same Shnoda of this site??)
  • Oh, ok, then here it is, St. Mark's Coptic Orthodox Church's Coptic Liturgy using the Liturgy of St. Basil (Kiahk). Sorry that I could not get you one that is in normal tune.
  • The actual liturgy itself does not change to a kiahky tune, just the hymns due (just the psalm and Gospel response and Psalm 150 really with changes to the words of other hymns for the season such as the Aspasmos adam and watos) but the actual liturgy tune stays the same no matter what time of the year it is
  • Here is another way but you have to know coptic.this has the liturgy of the faithful http://www.coptichymns.net/module-hymns-catview-pid-49.html

liturgy of the word:

http://www.coptichymns.net/module-hymns-catview-pid-46.html

Priest Prayers, you get to pick:

http://www.coptichymns.net/module-hymns-catview-pid-50.html

• thxxxxxxx for all of u,and smile4ever i have already heared anba rafael,i like him very much but i was looking for some new voices from fathers i haven`t heared about.so if any of u -and i`m sure there are alot- have a father at his church that has a nice voice and good at hymns and coptic language plz share.
    as for wagdi`s recording it is very good for learning,but i rather like to hear a live recording for the liturgy.
    thx again
  • Shnoda,
    Thank you very much for looking for liturgies in Coptic. All these links will benefit us all; HOW MANY OF US LIKE COPTIC AND WANT TO HEAR EVERY THING IN THAT MARVELLOUS MUSICAL LANGUAGE, AND UNDERSTAND IT?
    God bless you and pray for us a lot
  • Yes i love the recording by HG. Anba Demetrius the only thing is it starts from the Prayer of Reconcilliation and not from the begining of the Liturgy. these recordings can most definatly help all who want to listen to the liturgies in the original language and learn to understand it because not many do and most cannot honestly say they understand it in their native lanuage
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=5838.msg79310#msg79310 date=1194891753]
    these recordings can most definatly help all who want to listen to the liturgies in the original language and learn to understand it because not many do and most cannot honestly say they understand it in their native lanuage

If only we can speak coptic as a first language and revive this "dead" language in our day to day lives. Do you think it could happen even on a small scale?
    pray 4 me
  • I believe it can happen on a small scale and i believe it does and we just don't know it. Many of the arabic words egyptians use are just arabisized coptic words like Tarabeza is a coptic word for table which we commonly use as well as Kani and mani (which is Taheena and honey) like when people say wala kani wala mani so i know that some words have been integrated into the arabic language in egypt and i believe that it can be taken to a larger level but i don't think it can be completely revived and must be a personal effort from everyone. i personally have started using coptic in my personal prayers just to get me to understand it more like the prayer of thanksgiving which we say everytime we pray so i think it is somewhat possible
  • Dear Kir Mich and all,
    In addition to jydeacon, I would like to tell you some good news. Coptic language IS being revived, and on a small scale it is being spoken as a language of communication. A couple of years ago, I was in touch with a group calling itself "REMENKIMI", and they communicate through Coptic all in all. You can search yahoogroups for REMENKIMI, and add yourself to the mailing list (I am sure you will find that more than just beneficial; it's awesome and brilliant). And, not only this, but they even speak it within their houses, and not forgetting Fr. Bigol (I insist Bigol, not Pigol) in Germany, and a couple more families in Southern Egypt (maybe many, but I am not sure), and maybe some others, as jydeacon pointed out, that we don't know of.
    God bless you all and pray for us a lot
  • try the site of the youth bishiopric

alhan.youthbishopric.org