Homecoming

2»

Comments

• Thanks Unworthy1 for your words of enlightenment. We are not of the world but are in the world. I like that. Anything else?
  • Ok, honestly, I really think you should go ask your FOC, but put an honest effort to go see him. Your FOC will give you the right advice. I know you might think he'll give you an automatic NO, but just go listen to what he has to say about it...
  • Thats not necesarily true, i know some priests who have let their children go to homecoming and Prom
  • Your welcome aem581 but do not give me any credit for anything I say, it is from the these words are not my own but from the holy spirit. Believe me although I may give you advice for the right things to do I am a hypocrite for I do not practice them myself.

God Bless You and pray for me.
  • homecoming isnt a big issue. havent you've been to a banquet in a hotel or restauraunt or somthing with the church? for an occasion or somthing? goin to homecoming is something to go to with your friends and spend time with each other. and have a good time! your making memories! your mature enough to do so. if you feel you want to go, go. if not dont go.

and i like the verse --"All things are lawful for me, but not all things are beneficial." 1 Corinthians 10:23 -- that His Servant posted, it helps alot. use that if you want to.
  • Yes I have been to great amount of banquets at Church, but Homecoming and banquets are completely different in the sense that at Homecoming, you can go with someone (as in a girl or boy) and you could go with friends while banquets, you go with family and might see friends there.
  • alright look bud, i went too homecoming this year. it was ok. i had a date. but i am not going next year. there are some girls tht dance like the harlots. you will see people arriving drunk and/or high.  Look i had a good time but i dont know if it was worth going. 

The Bible says to run away from temptation not resist and look it in the face.  And we all know if we put ourselves in that kind of atmosphere we will be looking temptation in the eye.  look bro, do what you wanna do, we aren't gunna live your life.  but remember to get up early for church the next day.
  • [quote author=aem581 link=topic=5817.msg78014#msg78014 date=1191825984]
    Why does the Church say that you cannot go to Homecoming with a date? You aren't always guaranteed to slow dance, are you??? My parents didn't let me go this year, but they said that I am allowed to go next year if I want to. I am not sure about:
    a) Going
    b) If I should ask someone or not
    Can someone please help me???

The way they dance at these dances is sinful enough... girls and guys grinding up against eachother, it almost looks as if they are having sex with their clothing on. I don't know about the date thing or the slow dances... I find the slow dances are much more appropriate than the fast paced dances. It's not a good idea to put yourself in situations where sin is just all around you.
  • hey! you wanna go! go! if you think its the right thing, don't let anyone stop you! but if in your mind you have a percentage of it being wrong, then don't even bother... but lemmie tell ya, i hated school dances... i didn't go except to like one homecoming... and a dance here or there... i hated them... they were retarded, but again its your choice, who ever wants to go to homecoming, go ahead, if you wanna take a chick with you, also go right ahead... hell if you wanna get sexually active that night... then go ahead... but if you have at least one percent doubt about it... then... don't do it at all... because you will regret it later on... I'm not saying that every dance you'll go to will end up in sex... but c'mon lets get real now... your date will be so charmed by you... hopefully ;) ... she will call you up and you will do the same... then as any normal couple your age you will started getting lustful, and she will be there to please... you will take her on a date... maybe two... and you'll end up committing the sin! so why start all this crap... if you can just chill with your buddies, hell do something useful that night, but again... don't take my word... its your choice in the end!
  • [quote author=SuperMAN(BAM) link=topic=5817.msg79369#msg79369 date=1195021152]
    hey! you wanna go! go! if you think its the right thing, don't let anyone stop you! ... don't take my word... its your choice in the end!

On the contrary, let your parents stop you if they thus give you such a demand. Obedience is a struggle I have; one episode and you might continuously rebel until you do not even know why you are disobeying. And in this case, with this diffidence you have, it would be a pointless thing to engage conflict.