defnar intro

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
i was looking for the intro of defnar in adam and watos days in all tunes (festive-annual-lent-sha3anin .....),

thx

Comments

• [quote author=shnoda link=topic=5758.msg77029#msg77029 date=1189984132]
    i was looking for the intro of defnar in adam and watos days in all tunes (festive-annual-lent-sha3anin .....),

there is only 2. festive and annual. and there is a long way for annual, mediam and a short for watos:-

Festive is one tune for watos and adam which is like Chi-o-oyni the resurrection expostion.
    [coptic]Tenouwst `m`Viwt `n`aga;oc@[/coptic]
    (it's a watos one but it's also said that way for the festive adam)

There is the Adam annual:
    [coptic]Amwini marenouwst[/coptic]
    (says little more parts) (mediam)

Long watos annual (mostly said in fasts:

Watos mediam:
    Saturday Sherat by Ibrahim Ayad - at 27:35

Also i think they're all just the intro to the verses of cymbals.
  • Very nice Mina. God bless you. Pray for us a lot
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=5758.msg77030#msg77030 date=1189986467]

there is only 2. festive and annual. and there is a long way for annual, mediam and a short for watos:-

Festive is one tune for watos and adam which is like Chi-o-oyni the resurrection expostion.

so in these days what do we say?do we say amoini in the tune of Chi-o-oyni ? so why did HICS recorded it in the annual tune in epiphany?
  • [quote author=shnoda link=topic=5758.msg77059#msg77059 date=1190072829]
    [quote author=minagir link=topic=5758.msg77030#msg77030 date=1189986467]

so in these days what do we say?do we say amoini in the tune of Chi-o-oyni ? so why did HICS recorded it in the annual tune in epiphany?

mostly on occasions there is an exposition not a difnar reading. but not sure what the nayroz days have. i havn't read the book of Psalis and expositions for a while......Hos Erof would know more....
  • there is no exposition for nayroz days as i know,so in which tune do we say amoini.and if there was an exposition won`t we say amoini ?
    any way,why did the HICS say amoini in the annual tune in epiphany if there is a festive tune for both adam and watos days?

thx mina alot,i know i am a very boring guy but plz be patient with me  :D :D
  • Indeed there's no exposition for Nairouz, I just checked. It's really odd, it's one of very rare occasions that have no exposition. Logic says that you just read from the defnar in that case.

As for the Sha'anini tune, there's an actual Sha'anini tune for the expositions. It was recently recorded by Ibrahim Ayad in his new tapes for the rites of Palmsunday.

In short, from what I can recall from memory, the following tunes exist for the introduction to the exposition/defnar:

-Annual

-Festive
    You can find a recording of it on copticheritage.org under resurrection hymns. Also I believe Wagdi Bishara once posted something on a festive tune for the exposition. Mina provided another source from HICS. Chose whatever u like ;)

-Hosanna (Sha'anini)
    As recorded by Ibrahim Ayad, and it borrows some from the major tune of the Sha'anini Sherat.

-Lent/Kiahk
    You can find the recording in the tapes of the Lent Vesper Praise by Ibrahim Ayad, and another major version is recorded by Muallim Farag. He also states that the same tune is used for both Kiahk and Lent. So from that I conclude that the "minor" tune that was recorded by Ibrahim Ayad can be borrowed for Kiahk as well. Perhaps Mina knows if Ibrahim Ayad recorded the exposition in his Kiahk Vesper Praise tapes, I havent heard these yet.

EDIT: I just re-read and realised that the Watos tune by Ibrahim Ayad is not for Lent, but annual. How complicated hehe. Mina, could you make a complete list of ALL known tunes to the expositions. I always find it rather confusing, all the long and medium and short tunes :D
  • any way,why did the HICS say amoini in the annual tune in epiphany if there is a festive tune for both adam and watos days?

Good question lol, a lot of the HICS recordings were not really complete. Maybe the tune was not known to the cantor who was teaching HICS at the time.
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=5758.msg77151#msg77151 date=1190154590]
    Indeed there's no exposition for Nairouz, I just checked. It's really odd, it's one of very rare occasions that have no exposition. Logic says that you just read from the defnar in that case.

As for the Sha'anini tune, there's an actual Sha'anini tune for the expositions. It was recently recorded by Ibrahim Ayad in his new tapes for the rites of Palmsunday.

In short, from what I can recall from memory, the following tunes exist for the introduction to the exposition/defnar:

-Annual

-Festive
    You can find a recording of it on copticheritage.org under resurrection hymns. Also I believe Wagdi Bishara once posted something on a festive tune for the exposition. Mina provided another source from HICS. Chose whatever u like ;)

-Hosanna (Sha'anini)
    As recorded by Ibrahim Ayad, and it borrows some from the major tune of the Sha'anini Sherat.

-Lent/Kiahk
    You can find the recording in the tapes of the Lent Vesper Praise by Ibrahim Ayad, and another major version is recorded by Muallim Farag. He also states that the same tune is used for both Kiahk and Lent. So from that I conclude that the "minor" tune that was recorded by Ibrahim Ayad can be borrowed for Kiahk as well. Perhaps Mina knows if Ibrahim Ayad recorded the exposition in his Kiahk Vesper Praise tapes, I havent heard these yet.

EDIT: I just re-read and realised that the Watos tune by Ibrahim Ayad is not for Lent, but annual. How complicated hehe. Mina, could you make a complete list of ALL known tunes to the expositions. I always find it rather confusing, all the long and medium and short tunes :D

well i kind of did that below....but now am not sure about the sha'nini one...cuz i didn't hear it yet and am sure maullem Ibrahim would have a source for that.
  • i have a recording for the sha'nini tune but just for the watos days.

well,i think there is only one tune for the adam,while there are annual (long-medium-short) ,festive & sha'nini.
    if anyone find any more information plz share.
  • [quote author=shnoda link=topic=5758.msg77167#msg77167 date=1190182133]
    i have a recording for the sha'nini tune but just for the watos days.

well,i think there is only one tune for the adam,while there are annual (long-medium-short) ,festive & sha'nini.

who records it???
  • abouna at my church ...and sorry i have no other source
  • [quote author=shnoda link=topic=5758.msg77252#msg77252 date=1190292817]
    abouna at my church ...and sorry i have no other source

get us a recording ya habibi
  • oh wait....am sorry i just remebered. yes there is a sha'anini exposition, Mashenak of Palm Sunday.
  • [quote author=shnoda link=topic=5758.msg77167#msg77167 date=1190182133]

so,is this right or not ?
    ??? ??? ???
  • [quote author=drsamia link=topic=5758.msg77457#msg77457 date=1190656088]
    [quote author=shnoda link=topic=5758.msg77167#msg77167 date=1190182133]

so,is this right or not ?
    ??? ??? ???

There is the Adam annual:
    [coptic]Amwini marenouwst[/coptic]
    (says little more parts) (mediam)

Long watos annual (mostly said in fasts:

Watos mediam:
    Saturday Sherat by Ibrahim Ayad - at 27:35

Also i think they're all just the intro to the verses of cymbals.

what above is what's there. just now add the sha'anini tune to the list.