African American thoughts on the Ancient Egyptians

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Have you guys heard of the African American though of the Ancient Egyptians? They believe they were a Black African people and that Copts such as us are either not true Egyptians, Arabs, or 'white-washed' Egyptians. We are African but I never though of us as Sub-Saharans. Both genetic and phenotypical DNA is consistant with the Egyptians being more closely related to Western Eurasians then Sub-Saharan Africans. Still craniological features and the sphinx show Sub-Saharan elements.

Also, modern scientology is stating the first humans originated in East Africa. In the bible however we are taught it started in the Middle East from the Garden of Eden and the Mountains of Ararat in Turkey.

What are your guys take on this topic? I'd like to get more background information since this is new to me.

Comments

• [quote author=ANDPOC link=topic=5727.msg76468#msg76468 date=1188949303]
    Have you guys heard of the African American though of the Ancient Egyptians? They believe they were a Black African people and that Copts such as us are either not true Egyptians, Arabs, or 'white-washed' Egyptians. We are African but I never though of us as Sub-Saharans. Both genetic and phenotypical DNA is consistant with the Egyptians being more closely related to Western Eurasians then Sub-Saharan Africans. Still craniological features and the sphinx show Sub-Saharan elements.

Also, modern scientology is stating the first humans originated in East Africa. In the bible however we are taught it started in the Middle East from the Garden of Eden and the Mountains of Ararat in Turkey.

What are your guys take on this topic? I'd like to get more background information since this is new to me.

well there goes more theories and ideas to back up nothing......
  • The African claim of ancient Egyptians being Actual Africans was denounced in one of  Dr. Aziz Sorial's (Coptic Historian)  books were he wrote
    "Original Egyptians are decsedants of a Meditteranian race of people"

As for the theory that the Original people came out of Eastern Africa Lets not forget that ages and ages ago the Earth wasnt in the format it is in today meaning the continents were shaped differntly i.e. if someone were to look at Pangea we could clearly see that "Eastern Africa" was actually pointed northern and lied not too far from the Middle East......

This is not to say that I am agreeing with their theory or anything or saying that the Garden of Eden was in Eastern Africa....tis just a "fyi"
  • Yeah, the African-American claim is flawed.. Its just crazy.. Its sad because the slave trade, and the continuing treatment of African-Americans was, and is immoral, but they really peeve me when they come forward with crazy suggestions like this.. I saw a rally of them not long ago when Tutankhamun's treasures were on exhibition in America and they were picketing the exhibit claiming that Tutankhamun was actually black and the ancient Egyptian were racist because they made busts of him in white marble.. Really, get a life.. They should be focused on their own countries of origin (Ghana, Benin, Togo etc) and not comment on us.
  • [quote author=gregorytheSinner link=topic=5727.msg76471#msg76471 date=1188954525]
    The African claim of ancient Egyptians being Actual Africans was denounced in one of  Dr. Aziz Sorial's (Coptic Historian)  books were he wrote
    "Original Egyptians are decsedants of a Meditteranian race of people"

As for the theory that the Original people came out of Eastern Africa Lets not forget that ages and ages ago the Earth wasnt in the format it is in today meaning the continents were shaped differntly i.e. if someone were to look at Pangea we could clearly see that "Eastern Africa" was actually pointed northern and lied not too far from the Middle East......

This is not to say that I am agreeing with their theory or anything or saying that the Garden of Eden was in Eastern Africa....tis just a "fyi"

Dr. Aziz Sorial? I have never heard of him can you kindly elaborate more about him? I've never seen a Coptic historian before.

Now what we know is that, according to our Bible and church please correct me if I am wrong, but after the Great Flood Noah and his sons Shem Ham and Japheth were on the mountains of Ararat in Turkey. (In fact some say it is still there but of course would be WAY to big to move to ground. Ham was the father of the Africans, Shem of the Semites, and Japheth of what would today be Europeans.

I asked His Grace Anba Antonious Marcos this question and he said we are descendents of Ham--->Mizraim hence the word Misr. So that would explain us being African but Kush was said to the the father of Black Africa who went to Ethiopia.

Also if you've heard Aboun Armaya, sorry for the spelling, said that all people of the Middle East are brothers/relatives. He says Esau is what are today Phillistines and Jacob of what are today Israelis and they will always be fighting until our Lord's second coming. He said Arabs are relatives since they are the sons of Abraham but Hagar was an Egyptian so we are directly related to the Arabs and are also distant relatives to both the Phillistines and Jews.

Our church really should do some kind of clarification about this. Many in colleges now are being taught that the Ancient Egyptians were Black, in order to boost student's self-esteem. We have to do something about it or our blessed Coptic history may no longer be our's.

God Bless

ANDPOC
  • Dr. SOrial was a Coptic Historian, he wrote many books on the Coptic Culture.
    He is possibly best remembered for his involvment in forming the Coptic Encyclopedia.