Howdy, Stranger!
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Categories
- All Categories 13.8K
- General Category 10.9K
- General Announcements 184
- Faith Issues 3.4K
- Coptic Orthodox Church 2.5K
- Personal Issues 1.4K
- Prayer Requests 426
- Random Issues 1.8K
- Introductions 295
- Non-Orthodox Inquiries 232
- Youth Corner 606
- Hymns 2.6K
- Hymns Discussion 2.6K
- Technicial Difficulties 368
- Technical Topics 368
Newbie from NJ looking to learn more
Hello everyone... I am a Catholic who has a great respect for the Coptic Church and have many Coptic friends in NJ (which is where I live). I am here to learn more about the Coptic Church and its traditions.
God bless
God bless

Comments
Hello everyone... I am a Catholic who has a great respect for the Coptic Church and have many Coptic friends in NJ (which is where I live). I am here to learn more about the Coptic Church and its traditions.
God bless
well....welcome.....hope u learn a lot here. i guess u can just start asking :).
also i like the name....but it more of 'Metaneia'..... :D
Thank you as well jydeacon for the welcome.. God bless :)
Hmm...refreshed to see if post went through but didn't see it...so if there's a double post I apologize
Thanks for the welcome minagir... Ah... 'Metaneia'...well, its all Greek to me...yes, I know its corny... lol God bless :)
well it is a greek word. but when the [coptic]o [/coptic] and [coptic] i[/coptic] are are togather, they make the "e" sound.....in coptic.
my friends bring their Catholic friends with them from high school all the time to our church and its great. we have so much fun and its cool that it actually has something to do with God :)
by the way,
[move]WELCOME AND GOD BLESS![[/move]
Welcome Metanoia,
I hope you find this site beneficial. There have been a lot of really good discussions on here, and I look forward to reading your posts in the future.
jsangel... Thanks for the welcome... I haven't been to Saint Abanoub & Saint Antonius yet but will see if I can pay a visit sometime soon so I appreciate your invitation. Since I live in Jersey city I have been to St. George & St. Shenouda on Bergen in JC (which is where I bought my copy of the Agpeya at the church store)... I have also been to Saint Mary & Saint Mercurius in Belleville where I spoke to Father Tadros Malaty and was given some Khorban. I loved my experiences at both churches. God bless. :)
Hizz_child... Thank you... thank you... thank you... God bless you! ;D
Kno[]c...sorry I don't have the fonts to write your name properly...so I apologize... I thank you for the welcome and am sure I will find many beneficial posts and I will try to create some new posts so I can get out of my head the million questions I have concerning the Coptic Church.... so you might end up regretting it....lol... God bless. :)
[quote author=Metanoia link=topic=5701.msg76188#msg76188 date=1188355417]
Kno[]c...sorry I don't have the fonts to write your name properly...so I apologize... I thank you for the welcome and am sure I will find many beneficial posts and I will try to create some new posts so I can get out of my head the million questions I have concerning the Coptic Church.... so you might end up regretting it....lol... God bless. :)
Metanoia,
Don't worry about the spelling of my name. I realize not everyone's browser may necessary support the Greek (or Coptic for that matter) font. Feel free to use 'Cephas' instead. :)
[quote author=Metanoia link=topic=5701.msg76132#msg76132 date=1188266386]
Thanks for the welcome minagir... Ah... 'Metaneia'...well, its all Greek to me...yes, I know its corny... lol God bless :)
well it is a greek word. but when the [coptic]o [/coptic] and [coptic] i[/coptic] are are togather, they make the "e" sound.....in coptic.
This is goods to know! Thanks!
The dipthong ο and ι (οι) in Greek are also pronounced "long e", despite being so often mis-pronounced.
Forever,
Coptic Servent
Hi, welcome Metanoia, I really hope you enjoy it here and benefit a lot from everyone, hope we can benefit from your posts as well, look forward to that, I hope!! Is it just me, or is everyone from New Jersey??
Forever,
Coptic Servent
HAHAHA WAY TO POST LIKE HALF A YEAR LATER MAN.... and about ur new jersey thing... i think its true cause im from new jersey too... or maybe only new jerseians know about this website and a few newyorkers and others here and there.
[quote author=Coptic Servent link=topic=5701.msg81329#msg81329 date=1201048501]
Hi, welcome Metanoia, I really hope you enjoy it here and benefit a lot from everyone, hope we can benefit from your posts as well, look forward to that, I hope!! Is it just me, or is everyone from New Jersey??
Forever,
Coptic Servent
HAHAHA WAY TO POST LIKE HALF A YEAR LATER MAN.... and about ur new jersey thing... i think its true cause im from new jersey too... or maybe only new jerseians know about this website and a few newyorkers and others here and there.
It was only from august haha, not that long ago though..you might have a point there though!! I've seen a lot of australians on here as well as egyptians!! but the popularity of this website has gone way past my expectation!! sorry for taking over your thread Metanoia!!
Forever,
Coptic Servent