girls

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
I just wanted to know if hugging a girl was wrong. Please somebody tell me.  ???  THANKS

In Christ,
abosefien

Comments

• NO.

As long as the intentions are good and clean, there's no problem with it.
    If it'sjust  a hug of brotherly/sisterly love, it's all good (:
  • well.. it really does depend what kind of hug.. the kind of things going through your mind... why your actually hugging;; if you get what i mean..

and also, even if your intentions when your about to hug a girl are innocent, you might get bad thoughts later or whatever.. so i wouldn't suggest too much physical contact with the opposite sex.. just in case. But you know, theres nothing in the Bible that says don't hug girls.. so yeah.. it can just lead to massive complications so its better if you stay away all together.

+God Bless.
  • lets just say sometimes
    to much contact even if it is in a brotherly/sisterly manner
    can lead to difficult and confusing feelings:
    i.e. I knew of a girl who was really friendly, nothing sexual, jsut friendly and she would always hang with these kids from college
    who mostly went to the same church as her....and one day one tried
    to rape her .....
    So it is difficult to give a solid answer to this question
  • [quote author=gregorytheSinner link=topic=5696.msg76093#msg76093 date=1188131224]
    i.e. I knew of a girl who was really friendly, nothing sexual, jsut friendly and she would always hang with these kids from college
    who mostly went to the same church as her....and one day one tried
    to rape her .....

Thats kind of disturbing...
  • [quote author=copticcross3 link=topic=5696.msg76090#msg76090 date=1188107798]
    NO.

As long as the intentions are good and clean, there's no problem with it.
    If it'sjust  a hug of brotherly/sisterly love, it's all good (:

Yeah I by no means have any wrong intentions. It's just we were bowling one night after a football game, and she said bye and gave me a hug. But no none whatsoever wrong intentions.

THANKS TO ALL

In Christ,
    abosefien
  • [quote author=Hizz_chiilld link=topic=5696.msg76091#msg76091 date=1188112548]
    well.. it really does depend what kind of hug.. the kind of things going through your mind... why your actually hugging;; if you get what i mean..

and also, even if your intentions when your about to hug a girl are innocent, you might get bad thoughts later or whatever.. so i wouldn't suggest too much physical contact with the opposite sex.. just in case. But you know, theres nothing in the Bible that says don't hug girls.. so yeah.. it can just lead to massive complications so its better if you stay away all together.

+God Bless.

Hey HizzChild.... how have you been by the way? HOpe everything is good in Sydney!... :D :)

I have an interesting story to tell by the way....

On Sunday..... I was feeling very down and wanted a hug from a girl.........and i was like down.... and sad... u know.  :)

Then we had a meeting with the President of my University.......athletes..... i'm an athlete by the way.. run Cross-Country... it's a stupid sport by the way... but u can take advantage of it and u know.... uhmmmm...... do what you feel like and want..................

So i was saying.......i was feeling down and everything.... all of a sudden i saw this girl.... from one of my class last year.... and she said hi to me... and i said hi so when she offered her hand.... i got the message that perhaps she wanted to hug me... so i hugged her...... but not as much as i wanted....  but it really felt GOOD. >:( 8) 

I didn't think any bad thoughts about her either...... i just needed a hug and i got what i wanted. 8) 

• [quote author=Hailemikael link=topic=5696.msg76162#msg76162 date=1188324190]
    [quote author=Hizz_chiilld link=topic=5696.msg76091#msg76091 date=1188112548]
    well.. it really does depend what kind of hug.. the kind of things going through your mind... why your actually hugging;; if you get what i mean..

+God Bless.

Hey HizzChild.... how have you been by the way? HOpe everything is good in Sydney!... :D :)

I have an interesting story to tell by the way....

On Sunday..... I was feeling very down and wanted a hug from a girl.........and i was like down.... and sad... u know.  :)

Then we had a meeting with the President of my University.......athletes..... i'm an athlete by the way.. run Cross-Country... it's a stupid sport by the way... but u can take advantage of it and u know.... uhmmmm...... do what you feel like and want..................

So i was saying.......i was feeling down and everything.... all of a sudden i saw this girl.... from one of my class last year.... and she said hi to me... and i said hi so when she offered her hand.... i got the message that perhaps she wanted to hug me... so i hugged her...... but not as much as i wanted....  but it really felt GOOD. >:( 8)  

I didn't think any bad thoughts about her either...... i just needed a hug and i got what i wanted. 8) 

Well, that just means your stronger then most of us :)

you wont deffinetly get bad thoughts... but it is a tool that satan might use against you.. when your fighting in a war, you'd want your enemy to have as little weapons as possible, you want to have more. something like a 'hug' could be potentially dangerous.. but i mean, we all know ourselves individually and it is, in the end, a personal decision.

PS: everythings great in sydney. how's ethiopia ?? :)

P4M!
  • So hugging with no wrong intention, just basically hugging a good friend as a goodbye or something is ok.

[quote author=abosefien link=topic=5696.msg76095#msg76095 date=1188158361]
    Yeah I by no means have any wrong intentions. It's just we were bowling one night after a football game, and she said bye and gave me a hug. But no none whatsoever wrong intentions.

So there's nothing wrong with a friendly hug.

In Christ,
    abosefien
  • So hugging with no wrong intention, just basically hugging a good friend as a goodbye or something is ok.

Quote from: abosefien on August 26, 2007, 03:59:21 PM

So there's nothing wrong with a friendly hug.

In Christ,
    abosefien

^^ haha...no deff not.
    hugging should not be complicated, just keep it innocent and you shouldn't have any problems (:

i think of hugs simply as a friendlier way of greetingg, like instead of a ..uhh...handshake, therefore..i hug strangers, guys, girls,family, firends and everything else...:p haha
  • Personally I don't think that there is anything wrong with it but again it has to be innocent brotherly sisterly sort of thing.  I remember that i used to be against it for a very long time, till maybe 2 years ago when of my most precious friend (she is a girl and I'm a guy) and she gave a hug and I felt that it was so innocent of her.  I felt that there is nothing wrong with it as long as you don't have any bad intentions. But again if you feel that something like this might bring bad thoughts then just keep away from it, if you take it as a brotherly/sisterly sort of thing then it's ok and there is nothing wrong with it.

hope that helps
  • Thanks everybody But if there are any more comments or thoghts in this please reply.

THANKS ONCE AGAIN

In Christ,
    abosefien
  • haha i guess im the only one who agrees with Hizz child... personally as a girl... i ve been brought up that no boy is suppose to touch my body... i think my mom would freak out if she saw a guy hug me even if it does seem innocent. i kinda agree with her... alll the guys i talk to r my brothers but there is a limit between opposite genders. like Hizz child said satan is very tricky.. if the first hug is innocent... then the next might not be as innocent as the one before. So just be careful.. Abouna said stay away from anything sexually tempting.. he also mentioned that the first step starts with simple things such as hugs then holding hands, then a kiss on the cheek... etc. Dont be fooled, be careful as much as u love ur bro/ sister and u mean nothing else, u still have to keep ur limits.
    pray 4 me
    Enough
  • Thanks a lot Enough that says a lot.

In Christ,
    abosefien
  • i personally wouldnt hug a boy.  but i gues its okay as longas the intentions r not bad.  and if the first time it wasnt, but it may get worse eventually.  so, i advise u to juss stay on the bright and good side.. :D

/
    mahraeel
    plzz p4m sister in Christ
  • ok personaly i never tried to hug a boy but sometime at school or even at church it happenes and it doesn't look that good/nice if u tell this persone " sorry i don't hug boys"

for example we won in a spritual competition last satuerday and everyone was huging every one from happeness. it is hard to say no