Real Body and Blood

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
hey guys, i think ive asked this question before but i just really wanna get more info on it.. its about our communion and how we out of all other branches of christianity beleive that the communion without a doubt actually become the real body and blood of Jesus Christ.. So here are my questions, why MUST we take communion? If when we confess our sins are already forgiven, why than must we take communion? My second question is, why do we believe it really is the body and blood of christ and not just a symbol, after all Jesus did say "do this in REMEMBERANCE of me", third of all, where in the bible does is say that the communion actually converts to body and blood and that we must take this.

Thanx for your time everyone. [coptic][/coptic]

Comments

• Posted on: Today at 12:53:09 PMPosted by: Meena_Ameen 
    Insert Quote
    hey guys, i think ive asked this question before but i just really wanna get more info on it.. its about our communion and how we out of all other branches of christianity beleive that the communion without a doubt actually become the real body and blood of Jesus Christ.. So here are my questions, why MUST we take communion? If when we confess our sins are already forgiven, why than must we take communion? My second question is, why do we believe it really is the body and blood of christ and not just a symbol, after all Jesus did say "do this in REMEMBERANCE of me", third of all, where in the bible does is say that the communion actually converts to body and blood and that we must take this.

Thanx for your time everyone. 

1.) Nobody is perfect except through Jesus Christ.
    From the Lord's Prayer
    "... and deliver us from the evil one, through Christ Jesus our Lord..."

2) It is the True Body and True Blood for many reasons. During the Invocation of the Holy Spirit, the priest says inaudibly, "And we ask You, O Lord, our God, we, Your sinful and unworthy servants; we worship You by the pleasure of Your goodness; that Your Holy Spirit descend upon us and upon these gifts set forth, and purify them, change them, and manifest them as a sanctification of Your saints."

3) Communion is a symbol of the Last Supper. Passover is a symbol of Communion.
  • [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

I believe you can find answers to your questions here.
  • [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

In a previous thread started by you as well, you can see what was said.