Pope Shenouda Health: Good News

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
H.H. Pope Shenouda III was undergoing regular treatment in Cleveland, USA, and has safely arrived in Egypt as of July 11, 2007.
CONGRADULATIONS TO US ALL ON H.H. GETTING WELL  ;D  :D

Comments

• PRAISE
    THE
    LORD!!
  • Alleluia!! That is good news indeed!

In Christ,

Anglian
  • [quote author=Anglian link=topic=5547.msg74132#msg74132 date=1184233306]
    Alleluia!! That is good news indeed!

In Christ,

Anglian

Believe this or not, as you wish, but this is a miracle!!!
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=5547.msg74134#msg74134 date=1184235026]
    Believe this or not, as you wish, but this is a miracle!!!

I agree with you QT_PA_2T, nobody would believe that this would happen in his old age and he would be well. THANK THE LORD
  • I didn't even know about this...I am really in the dark...However, thank God. I mean it is a blessing for us- but obviously he would be better with Christ.
  • [quote author=Doubting Thomas link=topic=5547.msg74153#msg74153 date=1184246532]
    I didn't even know about this...I am really in the dark...However, thank God. I mean it is a blessing for us- but obviously he would be better with Christ.

HAHAHA... this is sooo cool, PRAISE THE LORD!!
    The Ahram newspaper were talking about our Pope passing away since last year! How dare they!!??

God HAS preserved His life!!
  • Thank the Lord.  May God preserve his life for years to come.  H.H. Pope Shenouda really is a blessing and we ought to thank God each day that we are blessed enough to have His Holiness as shepherd to our church  :)
  • [quote author=abosefien link=topic=5547.msg74123#msg74123 date=1184211190]
    H.H. Pope Shenouda III was undergoing regular treatment in Cleveland, USA, and has safely arrived in Egypt as of July 11, 2007.
    CONGRADULATIONS TO US ALL ON H.H. GETTING WELL   ;D   :D

THAT is for SURE. It is a great thing so let's just be grateful for what we have.
  • I admire our beloved Pope because, among other things, he is such a fascinating and complex man.

In my humble opinion, without doubt, he is one of the greatest intellectuals and diplomats of our modern era.

The fact he is such a learned individual and is still able to communicate with the masses on any level is truly a blessing from the Lord. No wonder H.H. he has so many honourary doctrates!

That and the fact he has such an amazing sense of humour! I never tire of listening to, or watching, him.

...and, if there is one lesson I have learned from H.H. and hold dear above all else, it's that when it's time to be serious, be serious, just as the Lord demonstrated all throughout His life.   

May the Lord keep H.H. for us for many, many years to come. I don't know of anyone else who could have the same loving and compassionate, as well as stern, look in their eyes. He is such a great man...
  • [quote author=MIY link=topic=5547.msg74188#msg74188 date=1184283015]
    I admire our beloved Pope because, among other things, he is such a fascinating and complex man.

In my humble opinion, without doubt, he is one of the greatest intellectuals and diplomats of our modern era.

The fact he is such a learned individual and is still able to communicate with the masses on any level is truly a blessing from the Lord. No wonder H.H. he has so many honourary doctrates!

That and the fact he has such an amazing sense of humour! I never tire of listening to, or watching, him.

...and, if there is one lesson I have learned from H.H. and hold dear above all else, it's that when it's time to be serious, be serious, just as the Lord demonstrated all throughout His life.    

May the Lord keep H.H. for us for many, many years to come. I don't know of anyone else who could have the same loving and compassionate, as well as stern, look in their eyes. He is such a great man...

Im not saying this cos he's our Pope, but truley, he really is gifted. He is very fascinating, and knows how to capture people's attention.

I remember once, in the UK, he was about to leave a hotel in central london (after having given a conference there), and some lady ran up to him (and he was really REALLY in a rush) and said "Sayedna, my daughter isnt sure whether she wants to enter pharmacy or medicine. What do you think?"

THe pope said :"I don't know, whatever she wants is ok with me". ( or something like that)

Then she said :"Oh! But Sayedna, she applied for medicine and is not sure to be accepted, do you think she should reapply!?"

H.H said, whilst becoming more tired, "Hmm... really, i have no idea.... ".

HAHAH.. his face when he was answering this crazy woman was brilliant - it was so funny. At the end, he just ran away... the poor man.

He's such a holy man.. He truly has the wisdom of Solomon.
  • Wow that really is humble any other stories?
  • [quote author=abosefien link=topic=5547.msg74229#msg74229 date=1184334454]
    Wow that really is humble any other stories?

Yeah, once they did this party for him in a hotel, and all the priests and church council spoke. And then one priest started to tell everyone how great the Pope is, how brilliant he is, how wonderful he is etc...

The pope then took the mic, and laughed and said "I think this priest knows me more than I know myself".
  • lol, i could just picture that... ;D
  • He actually said the day he came back to Egypt that we should not listen to the newspaper neither to the people that say that he was really sick and stuff.
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=5547.msg74232#msg74232 date=1184334832]
    Yeah, once they did this party for him in a hotel, and all the priests and church council spoke. And then one priest started to tell everyone how great the Pope is, how brilliant he is, how wonderful he is etc...

The pope then took the mic, and laughed and said "I think this priest knows me more than I know myself".

Yeah I think I heard about that Any More from Anybody.
  • [quote author=Anba Bishoy link=topic=5547.msg74239#msg74239 date=1184347507]
    He actually said the day he came back to Egypt that we should not listen to the newspaper neither to the people that say that he was really sick and stuff.

Yeah what the newspapers and stuff say is a bunch of lies. They say all sorts of stuff.(lies)!!!
    Just trying to make stuff worse than it sounds!!!!!!
  • I didn't even know about this...I am really in the dark...However, thank God. I mean it is a blessing for us- but obviously he would be better with Christ.

Oh well praise the lord. 
    and since u didnt no, now u no he is okay. 
    /
    mahraeel
    p4m Sister in Christ
  • Good news he is OK but everbody should still pray for him and for his health, because bein the pope is not a game.
  • On Friday the 13th, two days after he got back. He invited the Ethiopian Patriarch and the Armenian Patriarch to St. Mark Cathederal. It came live on Aghapy TV.