Nice Story

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
hey everybody, i thought this story was really nice so i posted it

A girl went to a party and she ended up staying longer than planned, and had to walk home alone. She wasn't afraid because it was a small town and she lived only a few blocks away.  As she walked along under the tall elm trees, Diane asked God to keep her safe from harm and danger. When she reached the alley, which was a short cut to her house, she decided to take it. However, halfway down the alley she noticed a man standing at the end as though he were waiting for her. She became uneasy and began to pray, asking for God's protection. Instantly a comforting feeling of quietness and security wrapped round her, she felt as though someone was walking with her. When she reached the end of the alley, she walked right past the man and arrived home safely. The following day, she read in the newspaper  that a young girl had been raped in the same alley just twenty minutes after she had been there. Feeling overwhelmed by this tragedy and the fact that it could have been her, she began to weep. Thanking the Lord for her safety and to help this young woman, she decided to go to the police station. She felt she could recognize the man, so she told them her story. The police asked her if she would be willing to look at a lineup to see if she could identify him. She agreed and immediately pointed out the man she had seen in the alley the night before. When the man was told he had been identified,
he immediately broke down and confessed. The officer thanked Diane for her bravery and asked if there was anything they could do for her. She asked if they would ask the man one question.
Diane was curious as to why he had not attacked her. When the policeman asked him, he answered, "Because she wasn't alone. She had two tall men walking on either side of her."

Comments

• That's a great story. Rabina maana =]
  • wow thats incredible!! i really enjoyed that!
    but who are the two men walking beside her?
  • I'm assuming their angels in form of men or something..
  • yea abou tthat, lol, i dont rele know, i bet one of them was Saint Moses The Black. lol, ill see if i could find out any how
  • thats such a nice stoery, i think it is St George and Saint Abou Sefin, because they were soliders and they protect people. That girl is so lucky that nothing happened to her. :)

pp4m

EgY
  • that was an amazing story. but one question....... who were the to men beside her?
  • im juss wonderin, how old was the grl.  also, could one of the men could ha been Jesus himself.  ???

that was a great sry.  i mite send it to lall my frends.

/
    mahraeel
    p4m SISTER IN CHRIST
  • well it said tall men, so i myself think its st george and st abu-sefin. maybe angels too. but i don't think it was Jesus himself. because nobody could stand seeing Jesus. you will go blind.
  • [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

[quote author=He Wept link=topic=5376.msg74763#msg74763 date=1185206349]
    because nobody could stand seeing Jesus. you will go blind.

This isn't entirely true.  Many people have seen Christ and not gone blind.  It really depends on the situation and the person experiencing that situation.  I believe the only story in the NT that we hear of, about someone going blind after seeing Christ is Paul, and there was a reason for that.
  • oh, yea, that's true. and also, Moses wanted to see God and God only let him see him from the back, and Moses, when he saw him, he said that it was so bright he couldnt even stand him. so think of it when you see Christ's face.

[quote author=Κηφᾶς link=topic=5376.msg74764#msg74764 date=1185206758]
    [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

Many people have seen Christ and not gone blind. .

do you know a few? ( just wondering )
  • thxx yu knda all answered mi question. 

/
    mahraeel
    p4m SISTER IN CHRIST
  • [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

[quote author=He Wept link=topic=5376.msg74766#msg74766 date=1185207011]
    oh, yea, that's true. and also, Moses wanted to see God and God only let him see him from the back, and Moses, when he saw him, he said that it was so bright he couldnt even stand him. so think of it when you see Christ's face.

[quote author=Κηφᾶς link=topic=5376.msg74764#msg74764 date=1185206758]
    [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

Many people have seen Christ and not gone blind. .

do you know a few? ( just wondering )

In the Old Testament you have men like Moses, Abraham, Jacob, Shedrach, Mesach and Abednego who saw Christ (the pre-incarnate Christ).  In the New Testament you have all the people who were alive and hear Jesus preach.  Then after His ascension, you have men like Ananias (the man who healed Paul of his blindness), Stephen as well as others.  Then, if you look at the Desert Fathers, you have men like Anba Bishoy who saw Christ as well.  Recently, you also have people like Nahed (the muslim woman who converted to Christianity) who claims to have seen Christ.  There are just some examples.
  • well arent most of them because Christ took a body of a man? But people would go blind if they see him in his full glory