pls reply ASAP!!!!!!

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
first i need the fax from sayedna el baba shenouda III

second i have a really really important question....in vitro fertilisation....allowed or not allowed....cause i have someone who is real close to me (male) his wive is not able to get pregnant....so the result is they really want to have a child....but the bishop there said its haram that the sister of the wive carry the child of the man....so plz i need every advice...and if it is possible e-mails from every bishop or priest...plz....REALLY IMPORTANT

gbu

ASAP

Comments

• and the e-mail from pope shenouda if u have!!!!!! plz reply ASAP!!!!
  • Hello Αριψαλιν

This is the official site of the Coptic Orthodox Church and HH Pope Shenouda:
    http://www.copticpope.org/
  • thank u john!
    and pls tell me how u think bout the situation (all of u here on tasbeha!)
  • [quote author=Αριψαλιν link=topic=5287.msg70704#msg70704 date=1178571822]
    first i need the fax from sayedna el baba shenouda III

second i have a really really important question....in vitro fertilisation....allowed or not allowed....cause i have someone who is real close to me (male) his wive is not able to get pregnant....so the result is they really want to have a child....but the bishop there said its haram that the sister of the wive carry the child of the man

as i know,what this bishop said is correct.it is not allowed to put the fertilized ovum in the wive`s sister.at least that`s what we were taught at college cos by this way the born child will have 1 father and 2 mothers !!!
  • why two mothers?
    she is just carryng the baby....so why two mothers...
  • [quote author=Αριψαλιν link=topic=5287.msg70787#msg70787 date=1178737975]
    why two mothers?
    she is just carryng the baby....so why two mothers...

becuase of the original seed.
    also the one that is carrying the baby is of course the one that will give birth which will make her the mother to.
  • i doesnt care from whom the baby is! mor important is where the baby grow up so i dont understand the egyptian way of thinking...sorry
    we nowadays have the posibility to have a lot of things from the great technology we have...
    sorry
  • [quote author=Αριψαλιν link=topic=5287.msg70791#msg70791 date=1178742103]
    i doesnt care from whom the baby is! mor important is where the baby grow up so i dont understand the egyptian way of thinking...sorry
    we nowadays have the posibility to have a lot of things from the great technology we have...
    sorry

actually true egyption mantalty is that you'll say there is 2 mother, 1 that gave birth, and one that raised.
    that's just a saying.

but here u'll really have 2 mothers. 1 of the seed and the one giving birth.
  • I was on a website, that struck up a good point regarding this controversial point:

The point stated that:
    We have to look at God's Wisdom.....concerning Sexual Intercourse
    By this, what is meant is:
    The Lord's Intent concerining Sexual Intrecourse was for reprdouction purposes (to maintain humanity).

Thus if i understand correctly, through In-Vitro Fertilization Sexual Intercrouse doesn't occur, which goes against God's Orignial Intent for Human Reproduction.

Next, you stated that the embryo/fetus will be grown in another Woman's Body, this means that she will be giving birth to it, making her as mentioned earlier the child's Mother.  So if this holds true, why not then forgoe that whole process, and look into adoption. (either way the child will be of a different mother, and like you said, "what matters is where it is raised")

Lastly and most importantly, Faith Can Work WONDERS, fasting and prayer should be looked into heavily, for IT CAN SOLVE THE WHOLE PROBLEM.  *I also heard that many infertile couples go and take the blessing of St. Marina's Arm, may her prayers be with us, Amen*

God Bless