share your experiences..EVER DRAMATICALLY CHANGED?

whywhy
edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
has anyone ever done a 360 turn around in their lives? (in the good way)

if you have please share your experiences and encourage me...

tell me how u changed, why u changed, and how you feel now and  how u feel about the change..

is it possible to completelyy change?

how long do i wait to change..

how do i change..

what am i expected to do..HOW DO I ASK GOD?

Comments

• every experience shapes us whether positive or negative..............initially one needs to seek then wait as the Lord works in mysterious ways

when i was reading nate's intro, i thought about your post. that is an example of how the Lord can change ppl's lives but first we need to search and seek for him.

nothing is impossible with God, if you truly want to change, you need to take it step by step......ive seen ppl'z lives changed around over years.......a young friend of mine, was initially a gang member (bloods/crips), who were involved in a number unhealthy activities and now he is a role model for young people, who truly lives for the Lord.........and even if we reflect on our own lives.........God has performed so many awesome miracles, but at times we dont recognise it and instead seek more

• Yes.. I don't really remember when or how, but i stumbled across this really great friend and it just kinda happend. To tell you the truth, I didnt really 'notice' the dramatic change until others told me I was changing... When i looked back on the week that passed, I realised it was a me I didn't recognise. I've been up and down many times since then.. And with every wave, a new lesson's learned.

You don't change overnight [unless you're me] but even those changes don't hang around much.. changes that last are changes made over time, changes you make holding onto His Hand as tightly as you can, `cause you won't be able to walk in the dark.

I once drew a picture of life. It's a yellow brick road that the Lord sets out, before you're made, specially for you. On either side of this path there's a thick rainforrest full of deadly insects and reptiles... that stay there, as long as you're on the path, you're safe. There's this Great Mosquito Light, not just any repellent... it repels anything that can hurt you, and tells you where you're going.. As you make you're way along you may meet you're share of lions and scarecrows that may or may not help you along the way. There are many routes off this path, some of them obviously dangerous, some of them not so obvious.. There's even some that look just like your very own yellow brick road and it's very easy to accidently make a wrong turn, but do not be afraid.. your mosquito light will allow you to see the dark forrest ahead. As long as you keep your guard and guide close to you, you are safe from harm.

It's not about 360 degree turns, it's the journey that counts. Even if your 1000000km away from your yellow brick road, ask the Mosquito Light to join, and it'll guide you there. He'll guide you through the tallest trees, up mountains, through rivers... Whatever ever it takes.. All you have to do is ask.
  • Hi,
    I know many people who have changed drastically. I think its because they listened to the Holy Spirit who came to visit them.

[quote author=why link=topic=5233.msg70230#msg70230 date=1177242950]
    has anyone ever done a 360 turn around in their lives? (in the good way)

if you have please share your experiences and encourage me...

tell me how u changed, why u changed, and how you feel now and  how u feel about the change..

is it possible to completelyy change?

how long do i wait to change..

how do i change..

what am i expected to do..HOW DO I ASK GOD?
  • why,
    i think too we all are continually confronted with challenging and difficult situations and we overcome the majority but there is a certain stage in life, where you question yourself, life and your existence and from here start the big questions and often ppl seek the church or religious friends for the answer.....i like hizz childs analogy...........

God bless n take care
  • Dear why,
    Don't really know if I can call myself having dramatically changed or not. But I can say that we change when we repent, and in essence repentance in Greek means the change of one's ways. I have been trapped by various sins, and now I am struggling against a few of them (still have a lot more to do), but I can say I really have changed then how I was before.
    The main reason for that is to keep praying. Like you asked, I don't think this kind of prayers would have any characteristics or methods of identification if they are good or bad, but I think that if you keep praying, and devoting your life to God, then no matter how long the answer from God might take, it will come in the end, and you find a change in your life.
    That is how I view it myself, and it works with me. But still, I dont' know if it is right to have called myself made a 360 degree turn, or not. Last, and not least, we should always keep trying to stand up whenever we fall.
    God bless you all and mention me in your prayers
  • thanks everyone for your post...yes i tand whenever i fall i always get up again (eventually) but its the real..LONG JOURNEY change that i most anticipate and sometimes..it juist seems toooo long away!
  • Dear why and all,
    Yes, I think it is a very long journey. No one will make it shorter "or even appear shorter" except God. So let's pray to Him to shorten the length of the journey, and ease off our troubles and pains in this short-lasting world.
    God bless you all and mention me in your prayers
  • LONG ?!?

"I am a flower quickly fading,
    here today and gone tommorow;
    a wave tossed in the ocean,
    a vapour in the wind."
    Extract from "Who Am I" by Casting Crowns

not so long when compared to FOREVER.

I think that we feel it's an awfully long time when we're tied down to worldly things.. If we're addicted to TV, a week without it would seem like forever.. if not - giving it up wouldn't really be a problem.. it's the same with other things.. perhaps you can't quite let something go.

King Solomon compared our relationship with God to a relationship in marriage..

Song of Songs/Solomon Chapter 1 
      2 Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth—
          For your love is better than wine.
          3 Because of the fragrance of your good ointments,
          Your name is ointment poured forth;
          Therefore the virgins love you.
        4 Draw me away!

Yeah.. not exactly self explanatory.. I'll tell you what-->Fr Anthony Messeh - Song of Songs Part 1
    He can explain it better than I can, its deep :P

Enjoy / ;D

PS: I found the vapour thing [from the song] in the Bible..

James 4:14
    whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life?
    It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.

Hehe.. I love it when I find something like that.. just thought I'd share...  :D
  • dear why,

i think everyone wants to change in a good way. I personally wanted to be more religious. To tell you the truth is was not easy. Forn example the past years in my life that i went to church, i was not thinking about the mass. I was thinking when is the mass going to finish then i could go home. [yea i know i should not have thought that], then my cousin told me that my old priest said that when u go to church and the ms is going ojn you are supposed to think about the mass, and God ONLY. If u r thinking about anything else, then u r being disrespectful or itilladabe to God. That really opened my minds. Was I dissing God very time i went to church [yes], was i really paying attention to the mass [no] or did i just go to look good infront of people [yes]? I felt rfedally guilty after that and changed my attitude, Now i want to go to church, i enjoy and most importantly i pay attention to what is going on.

I think the best thintg for you to do is pray and ask God to help you in watever u want to acheive.

plz pray for me
    hope i helped

EgY