related verses in the bible about temptation and tribulation

whywhy
edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Please post any related verses in the bible upon the topic of temptation and tribulation pls offer reference and the verse itself

thankyou
+WHY+

Comments

• Psalm 139:23-24
    23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
          test me and know my anxieties

24 And see if there is any wicked way in me,
          and lead me in the way everlasting.

Matt 26:41
    41"Watch and pray lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."

Phil 4:8
    8Finally, brethren, whatever  things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—think about such things.

1 Corinthians 10:12-14
    12 Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall
    13No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; who
    will not allow you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
    14Therefore, my beloved flee from idolatry.

John 16:33
    33These things I have spoken unto you, that in me you might have peace. In the world you shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
  • the book of James has lots of things about temptation... you should read it... its he shortest book in the bible