what do u tink?

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
hey guys, i had a question.....is it wrong to change from jesus' picture on ur cell phone to something else.....causae evrytime i do it, i feel very bad and i change it bak

pray 4 me,
thanks

Comments

• Lol I have the same thing  ;)

But what's more beautiful to put than a picture of your Saviour?

GB
  • in my opinion, i don't think jesus will be upset, as long as you have him in your heart and prayers, God knows that you don't mean any harm. but i do agree with Coptic-Irini about having a picture of your savior is beautiful to have on your phone
  • hi guys!
    i don't know how to say....isn't it forbidden to have a picture of our god?
    i don't know why we do it....i mean its nice and everything...but jesus christ our savior is god!
    tell me what u think in that!
    God bless u all!
    ;)
  • I definetly don't think it is forbiden to have a picture of our Lord, God and Savior Jesus Christ. it is one of the best things to have. How did you reach that conclusion that it was forbidden if you don't mind me asking?
  • it says in the "10 laws????" (i dont know what the name in english is)
    god bless u
  • Do you mean the ten comandments. i still don't remember which comandment you are talking about
  • Exodus 20:4
  • This verse is only refering to the heveanly hosts or the stars and planets. if you have a picture of God you are still worshipping him. Jesus is God, so why would He get upset for us having a picture of Him for our great love towards Him?
  • it says in german: " du sollst dir kein gottesbild machen"
    i dont know how to translate it....
    however....on the one hand i like the pictures but on the other hand there are people they look like they are worshippingthem!
    so im a bit confused now...sry
    ^^
    ;D
  • Well i don't speak German but in English it says, "You shall not make for yourself a carved image-any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath or that is in the waters under the earth" I believe that this means that we should not make any carvings or images of birds or beasts of the air or the earth. mind you that this was at the time of their flight from Egypt and they were still influenced by the Egyptians who worshipped idols in these kind of images. so he was commanding them not to worship them like the Egyptians had and to only worship the Lord their God.
  • ok in english it sound like that....
    in german there stands ... i try to translate word for word....

Du sollst dir kein Gottesbild machen
    you  should not make a picture of god

und keine Darstellung von irgendetwas
    not even from anything

am Himmel droben, auf der Erde unten oder im Wasser  unter der Erde
    up the sky, down on earth or down the water under the earth.

thats the german version....
  • well i think that in that version it is possible that God is saying not to make images of other gods because god is not capitalized. when the word god is not captilized it means that He is not talking about himself. What version is your Bible? the church says that the best version to have is the New King James version because it is the most accurately translated
  • well my problem is that i cant read the english bible...so i have to take the catholic one....our bishop says its the best one....german of corse.... ;D
    i did not ment to bother u or something like that....i'm just glad to discuss a topic...
    thx
  • no you are not bothering me at all i, we can chat through pm so as not to hinder this topic
  • i had the picture of Saint Mary and God on m phone, then i changed it fromthat to a pifc of of dog, a week later i felty do guilty thoughg because God is so much more important to me then my dog. if u r going to put a pic just dont make it bad. it is more important to love God in ur heart.

hope i helped
    pray for me

EgY