Is being shy wrong?

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
Is being shy wrong? ???

Comments

• [quote author=abkarino22 link=topic=5025.msg67948#msg67948 date=1172245894]
    Is being shy wrong? ???

Not really but it would be if it might stop you of doing somthing good of great importance.
  • how do u overcome this ??? ???
  • i used to be REALLY shy...theres nothing wrong with it, its just harder to find friends and stand out in things. Usually people are shy because they're afraid of other people thinking things about them.

after a while u might change...i had a really outgoing friend and i changed; but dont become too overwhelmed with being outgoing and having attention cuz u'll become conceited.

but being shy is perfectly fine...innocence is a gift from God =]
    [quote author=minagir link=topic=5025.msg67949#msg67949 date=1172247566]
    Not really but it would be if it might stop you of doing somthing good of great importance.

like minagir said...never stop urself from doing something great...if u have a dream....live for it =]
  • i was the shyest one in the world. It was very hard for me to find friends, but now when i found good friends they helped me to get over it and now i have no problem with it. It is not wrong but don't let it to control you.
  • I WAS VERY SHY AS WELL!! ssee my story is weird when i was a kid i was CRAZY i used to be very naughty, then as i entered grade 1 to grade 4 i was very shy, then from grade 5-8 I WaS NUTS and grade 9 im shy LOL and NOW (im in grade 10) im shy with a cretain group of people and im crazy with other groups of people  :-\ am i normal LOL r some people like that or am i the only maniac here??
  • im like that too.

im shy of adults,but with people my age and slightly older im not
  • yea i think pretty much all teens are shy of adults...thats just because we're not used to the same stuff they are and you dont want them to think that you're bad or anything...:] just be friendly with them and be yourself with kids...you'll be just fine ;]
  • I think being shy is not rong at all. most shy ppls i Know are very calm and quiet and are all very religious. i would personallii recomend u 2 b shy..
  • [quote author=copticluva link=topic=5025.msg68038#msg68038 date=1172528139]
    I think being shy is not rong at all. most shy ppls i Know are very calm and quiet and are all very religious. i would personallii recomend u 2 b shy..

if you're shy all the time as you recommand, you'll grow up as a shy person and u wont have a good personalty to deal with our society today. Also like i listed before, shyness would might stop youm from doing somthing good and by not doing, you're sinning.
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=5025.msg68039#msg68039 date=1172528455]
    [quote author=copticluva link=topic=5025.msg68038#msg68038 date=1172528139]
    I think being shy is not rong at all. most shy ppls i Know are very calm and quiet and are all very religious. i would personallii recomend u 2 b shy..

if you're shy all the time as you recommand, you'll grow up as a shy person and u wont have a good personalty to deal with our society today. Also like i listed before, shyness would might stop youm from doing somthing good and by not doing, you're sinning.

sorry bud, but i disagree, the large majority of people who are shy young grow up to become confident adults or older youths... its all about growing and being confident in yourself and this takes time and will only come through experience and through life's endeavours..a shy person cant wake up one morning and say im gonna be outgoing today....you are who you are...love it and let the Lord live in you.....people behave different in different situations thats a fact....being shy will not influence how you serve God, your actions are way more infuential than words.......im certain everything person has a wild side to them not as in bad wild but as in open outgoing..........give yourself time and DONT feel bad about who you are.....leave these things to God, become active in your church and you will inevitably grow both spiritually and personally....MAY THE LORD BLESS U AND KEEP YOU SWEETY!!!! :)
  • [quote author=kerestina link=topic=5025.msg68077#msg68077 date=1172643813]
    [quote author=minagir link=topic=5025.msg68039#msg68039 date=1172528455]
    [quote author=copticluva link=topic=5025.msg68038#msg68038 date=1172528139]

sorry bud, but i disagree, the large majority of people who are shy young grow up to become confident adults or older youths... its all about growing and being confident in yourself and this takes time and will only come through experience and through life's endeavours..a shy person cant wake up one morning and say im gonna be outgoing today....you are who you are...love it and let the Lord live in you.....people behave different in different situations thats a fact....being shy will not influence how you serve God, your actions are way more infuential than words.......im certain everything person has a wild side to them not as in bad wild but as in open outgoing..........give yourself time and DONT feel bad about who you are.....leave these things to God, become active in your church and you will inevitably grow both spiritually and personally....MAY THE LORD BLESS U AND KEEP YOU SWEETY!!!! :)

How would you be confident in yourself if you can't defand yourself or prove your point to somone just simply becausee you're shy. I am not fully disagreeing with you kerestina no. But it's just i am talking in more general ways. Also it's a little different when it comes to service because most of us just obey. So shy or not, u'll do it...
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=5025.msg68079#msg68079 date=1172664039]
    [quote author=kerestina link=topic=5025.msg68077#msg68077 date=1172643813]

How would you be confident in yourself if you can't defand yourself or prove your point to somone just simply becausee you're shy. I am not fully disagreeing with you kerestina no. But it's just i am talking in more general ways. Also it's a little different when it comes to service because most of us just obey. So shy or not, u'll do it...

one learns to become more confident in themselves through experience, just because your shy doesnt mean you cant defend your self..........when push comes to shove people will defend themselves......you dont have to be loud and outgoing to be a good advocate...........people learn not to doubt themselves nor be concerned with others thoughts in time........i mean there's no perfect person but dont think lowly of yourself because your shy or disregard your potential.........WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN OF GOD with unique personalties.........shyness is a phase.....once your comfortable with your environment and the people around you...........you will open up more i assure you of that
  • [quote author=kerestina link=topic=5025.msg68145#msg68145 date=1172828337]
    one learns to become more confident in themselves through experience, just because your shy doesnt mean you cant defend your self..........when push comes to shove people will defend themselves......you dont have to be loud and outgoing to be a good advocate...........people learn not to doubt themselves nor be concerned with others thoughts in time........i mean there's no perfect person but dont think lowly of yourself because your shy or disregard your potential.........WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN OF GOD with unique personalties.........shyness is a phase.....once your comfortable with your environment and the people around you...........you will open up more i assure you of that

just to make myself clear, i am talking in more general way.

if shyness keeps contralling you even if you have have done this or that for many times....it will stay with you for a long time. again i am talking about shyness in general. i know people who are shy to do anything but when it comes to somone rebuking them falsly, it would be like a davil came on that person.

kerestina,
    yes we are all beatiful children of God and yes we do have unique personalities but that doesn't mean will always be either good or bad. shyness can be good but not always good as i said in my first reply.
  • i dont being shy is wrong, it is like asking is being quiet wrong? sometimes my sis tells me that iam too shy and that i should be more outgoing but i dont think so ;)

hope i helped, pray for me

Egy
  • Being shy is a personality trait. you dont need to overcome it, just gradually it should change. just put yourself in more social events and organizations(usually ones in church would be more appropriate) and pray if you think this is something you need to change maybe God also thinks this is something u should change then he will change it. rbna ma3aky with all your choices.
  • Being shy isnt that wrong, i was known for not talking and being the quiet one so i dont get attention
    but i realized that not being shy u dont get attention unless ur an attention seeker lol

so theres nothing wrong with it
  • LMAO I wish I was shy sometimes.. that way my big mouth wouldn't get me into so much trouble.
    Silence is a virtue; treasure it.

Shyness is bad if you are a passive type of person [ie. go along with anything you are pushed into]. If you are assertive then PERFECT.. don't change !
    :P
    hehe
    +God Bless