Women preachers

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
are women allowed to give a sermon? do not some coptic women give sunday school lessons and sometimes older men listen too

my FOC thinks I can listen to protestant stuff as long as I accept the right and not the wrong... well can I listen to women giving sermons?
is there not a bible verse that says something like I do not permit women to speak in church?

Comments

• Of course you can listen to a woman preach the word of God.
    To a protestant woman? If you recognise our differences, then you may listen.
    It is infinitly hard to comprehend the Bible. Protestants have been doing it for 300-500 years. Copts have been for nearly 2000 years. You do the math.
  • I think you are allowed to preach if you are a women, but protestants believe that anyone can be a pastor (priest in their terms), which the bible clearly states that women are not encouraged to be priests.
  • i agree with "davidschanter"
    i dont c y women cannot preach sermons
    it is all the word of God and doesnt matter who it comes out of weather its a male, female, child, grownup, (etc.)
    there are things that Protestants believe in that aren't true like Jesus maried Mary Magdolene
    u can kind of c the difference and u can kind of tell the difference of what they say is right or rong
    i hope i helped
    GOD BLESS
  • "..Protestants believe in that aren't true like Jesus maried Mary Magdolene"

I don't think many if any protestants believe that..
    Dan Brown who wrote the davinci code says that but I don't know if someone made that up before Dan Brown...

was Dan Brown a protestant? I don't know

Thanks for your replies but there is a verse in the bible that says ... I do not permit a woman to speak in church or something..