Difference between churches

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hey everyone, i go to a Christian school and they are soooooo different to us. The differences are:

You just have to believe and youll be saved
YOu dont have to Confess, Baptise or anything like that.

They dont take the bible as seriously as us.
Just wondering, if these people call themselves christians and believe they are going to be with God in the paradise and they dont practise most of what the bible says how will they enter, but they still believe they will enter.

Comments

• Protestant school right? I go to a protestant school. Anyway its not our place to judge who will enter heaven and who will be condemned to hell; the best we can do is trust in the fairness of God and be thankful to the extreme that He has placed us in a church in such accordance with all that the bible says.
  • every church domination will be different, its ok to note the differences but dont dwell on them

On judgement day God will not say all the cathloics in this corner, and the coptics up over here and oh the anglicans you can go down the back, God will look at our faith in him and how we have lived our christian lives

and as ceaserecs has stated we are not in any place to judge who will go to heaven or not, this is unknown to mankind only God knows this

even if you are coptic do you think it will guarantee you entry into heaven?
  • GOD looks at your heart...Do not judge others...when they asked St.Moses the black to judge some monk that has sinned...He took a bag full of sand and make a hole in the back and by the time he got to the other monks who are judging,,,....He told them how can i judge another monk if my sins are still behind me and following me whereever i go...they might differ from how we look at the Bible but they might have more faith then any coptic you have ever met....remeber the first man to enter paradise was the right hand THIEF...where everyone said he is a thief and a bad person, but God knew his way

IF you want to answer back...to You just have to believe and you will be saved...tell them that God has said if u break one commandment, then u break all of my words or commandments, which means blieving in God is one way to be saved but you also have to listen to every other word like do not commit adulty...do not lie...in order to believe..you must love and in order to love God...you must do what He says...Like He said "If you love Me, then obey my words..."
  • This topic was brought up at the ECCYC this past weekend. There are some points that I would like to mention.

1) Don't worry about what others believe, We have Copts who believe but are committing sins. Those are not necessarily going to paradise.

2) The Bible is clear. Saint James said that:

"22But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; 24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was."(James 1:22-24)

"14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
    18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? 23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”And he was called the friend of God. 24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
    25 Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?
    26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also." (James 2: 14-26)

I really love verses 19 and 20 because it answers those people that say "Faith is enough."

This is our faith and we must believe and be doers as well. When the Jews told him that they have Abraham as a father, He responded that God is capable of making sons of Abraham out of stones. Meaning that, its not your parents, or your faith in them, its your works.

I am not suggesting you start arguing with the, but know your faith and know that it is not enough to believe. I am suggesting that you should be ready to answer them when they tell you that faith is enough.

Also, Sacraments are important. Protestants are big on "ignoring" Saint James. How can they be Christian when Jesus said if you don't eat My body and drink My blood, you will not have a place with Me in My Father's house.

Just thought I would share.