When things go from bad to worse? What do you do?

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
My life seems to get worse each day. Sometimes i lose hope and feel that God is punishing me for all the wrong i have done in my life. Now i am getting to the stage of retaliating and dont see anyway out! Ive spoken to my FOC and he said that i have not yet found comfort in my tribulations. I cannot see any comfort at all in my tribulations apart from the fact that i know God will fight my wars for me. I wish someone could impart some wise words that may change my way of thinking. Sometimes i think life is not worth living but that is considered blasphemy aginst the Holy Spirit, therefore, i cannot think in that way.

Please pray for me and help me out here guys!!

Comments

• do you think that you have commited blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, the unforgivable sin?

I can tell you, you have not..
  • mary,

kol moshkela we leha hal, there is no such a thing as "no way out of it", god is listening ya mary, and ur name is "MARY' on the name of our omena el hanona, ya mary don't give up faith and hope! el shetan is trying to get u on his side! mary god put his life on the line for us, ehna tamana galy ya mary, do u think.... that after what all our lord and savior jesus christ been through he would just forget abt us??? NO OFCOURSE NOT! HE DIED FOR US AND HE LOVES US!! HE EVEN SAID "ASK AND YOU SHALL RECIEVE" "CALL ME IN THE TIME OF TROUBLE AND I WILL SAVE YOU"

mary, i have/had lots of issues abt the number of hair i have, where i thought god forgot me and left me to ade3aa, and i was wrong.......!!!!! i even had things happen to my life that did not make any sense, and i saw things better that could have had happened instead!!! but u-know....... now i see and uderstand why god choose what he choosed for me!! i didn't understand it back then, but now i do!

we are human, we make mistakes actually lots of 'em, we lose our relationship with god, but he'd still looks for us, and loves us and NO MATTER WHAT WE DID........ IF WE ASK FOR FORGIVNESS HE WILL FORGIVE US!! AND IF WE ASK FOR HIS HELP.... HE WILL HELP US!!
    GOD PROMISED US, HE WILL ALAWYS BE WITH US THROUGH ALL THE TIME!!!! SO MARY......... GOD SAID IF WE HAVE A SIZE OF A SEED WE CAN MOVE A MOUNTAIN......!!!!!

SO MARY, PLZ DO NOT LOSE FAITH AND HOPE IN GOD......!! HE LOVES U, HE DIED FOR YOU!!! AND IF THINGS SEEM WORSE NOW....... TRUST ME THEY WILL GET BETTER!!

RABANA MA3AKI,
    lots of love ya set maryfarag,
    bentBABAyasooa`
  • i dun knw how ur life being worse , but i can tell u one thing ...

that life s so simpler than it looks , life s jesus, nd jesus only , u may think that it s too much to say ... but actualy we r all n god`s hands , coz he s dabet el kol , [ pandwkratwr ] , so, we shouldn`t think much abt our lives coz he already cares about us even more we do .... i`ll tell u a story which may make u thin n a different way,

once a time, der was a man - rich man - live n the desert n egypt .. nd had faith as the rocks ... he had sum horses .. nd one time one horse gave another .. ppl went to him sayin congrates .. he said y u sayin so? we have no idea if this s good or bad ,, the ppl went out nd didnt understood wat he said ... nd den the small horse run away n z desert nd they couldn`t find it, so ppl went to him nd sayin srry abt dat , but he said like z last time exactly, nd den the small horse came back wiz more than 4 horses ,, ppl went to him 4 z 3rd time sayin congrates, he said z same sentence, den while his son was playin wiz z small horses they became crazy nd hurted him nd his leg was broken, ppl as usual went to him sayin srry , but he said z same sentence.. den z war had broken out, nd all z men n z region go for fightin ,nd died der

i meant by this story , to tell u ser s sumtimes things happen to ue nd we think it s bad or even good nd god wants another think we cant knw ...

god bless u ,
    adel
  • Mary you have to be sure that God loves us so much, we are part of Him, we are so precious to Him. God doesnt really punish us for the wrong things we do, somtimes bad things happen to us because of bad decisions we make, it is not really God punishing us, the worst punishment that we inflict upon ourselves when we do bad things, is separating ourselves from our beloved Jesus. But even so when we repent He welcomes us back with open arms, and forgets our past sins. No one is perfect, as we say in the first psalm of the 12th hour "If you o Lord should count sins, who can stand? for through You is forgiveness" God's mercy is so great

This life is a kind of mystery. There are happy moments and there are sad ones, there are days when ones heart leaps for joy, and yet there are other moments when the tears cannot be stopped from flowing down ones cheeck. What is amazing is that throughout them all, throughout the sadness, throughout the joy, there is someone who is always there beside us. He knows whats in our hearts and minds before we even ask, and if we just ask, He does help us. He is a great God, I know He is always there, I feel Him in my life every living second,even if at times we are the worst of all the human beings on this planet (not u, me). He still will never leave us

This life is definetly worth living, if Jesus came and suffered so much for us and died for us on the cross, so that we may have life; it is by His blood that we are alive, so it is definetly a life worth living. But to make it worthwhile we have to hold unto Him tightly and never let go, otherwise we will lose hope. If you put Jesus as your main focus and keep Him always in your heart, all other problems, no matter how bad or how big they are will all fade away :) "Don't tell God how big your problems are,
    tell your problems how big your God is"
  • Just want to tell you balash tasha2om and pray to God, try to be more close to God and read the bible and you will have a great feeling. Just put in your mind that there is nothing in this world which is more important than beeing close to God. Try to talk with you family, your close friends and you will also feel better.

God be with you insha2allah.

Amira
  • I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS SERIES OF SERMONS BY FATHER ANTHONY MESSEH !! ITZ CALLED "CHEER UP !!"

HE IS AMAZING !! LOL I LOVE LISTENING TO HIS TALKS, THEY REALLY OPEN YUR EYES. I RECOMMEND YOU DOWNLOAD AND LISTEN TO LOTS MORE, BUT THIS IS WHAT RELATES TO YUR PROBLEM THE MOST..

http://www.orthodoxsermons.org/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=59

ENJOYY ;D ;D ;D
  • Hi

help me out

what would like help with - if ur more specific i think i might b able to help. You can send me a private message if u like.

Kristina123
  • Hello ya Mary,
    Lol I know really well that you are hurt and you are worried, but look at your tribulations and temptations from the eye of faith. Whenever the devil puts in your mind that God will never help you, just think about the story of Joseph, Joseph was put in prison for his purity, I imagine if he done the sin with the wife of his master he wouldn't have been in Jail, but Joseph looked at everything with the eye of faith, he didn't even complain because he knows really well that what happened to him will get a lot better and God will reward him for his purity. Look Mary, I know that sometimes it takes a long time, but believe me carry your cross and trust the lord, he will definitely support you and reward you, maybe it takes a lil bit londer but definitely it will work, don't panic, leave everything to God and he will help you, and I'm sure about that. Just whenever you think about it think about the story of Joseph or Job, both of them were tempted but look at the end of both of them, Joseph was the second man after the pharoh and Job had twice as much as he had before. So be patient and cheer up,

hopefully that helped

Baladoos
  • Hi Mary,
    i`ll give my 2 cents hopefully they`ll help.

Definetly listen to Abouna Anthony's lectures they are amazing. Like abouna Anthony said in one of his lectures "God is daddy" which is amazing compared to what other religions consider their god to be. When a child is young and gets hurt they run to their parents and hug them and they take the child "fe hodnohom", so I think when we are feeling sad we should run to our Daddy (God) and to our mother the Church. Coz once you realise and taste the warmth of God's hug and His Love you will be overwhelmed, He will take your breath away He will bring peace and joy to your heart in a measure you never thought possible. No human can provide this at all so we must run to God and speak to him through prayer from our heart.

This always helps when i need to be remembered of God's love:
    its from www.fathersloveletter.com

Give it a shot with patience and through the guidence of your FOC God will bring peace, joy and comfort to your heart and you will be very ;D

Remember me in your prayers
    MS
  • from my expericances.. when stuff like this happen.. i always think that God knows what is good for me.. and what ever happens.. happens for the good of me.. you dont know how or what you will use all the things that u learned in those ecperiances in the future.. you have know idea what will happen. i know its hard but you have to belive in him.. try ur best atleast :-\
  • I have learnt to be patient and to have faith in God. I have truimphed in Christ as He has delivered me from these tribulations. Glory be to God for his mighty works. If God is on our side who is against us. :)

God bless you all