longest hymn u learned

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
what's the longest hymn u learned. mine is either piehmot ghat or tenen or azpazeste the great

Comments

• teoi enhikanos (the long one not the great), or may be alleluia (psalm 150 kiahk).
  • Longest lahn I have ever learnt is the great hazayny epraxion ton of the covenant thursday
  • [quote author=baladoos link=board=2;threadid=4479;start=0#msg61673 date=1160015541]
    Longest lahn I have ever learnt is the great hazayny epraxion ton of the covenant thursday

well this is very long but i don't think you can acuitly call it as the longest because it's compined of a lot of alhan. including hos erof and also the big big shere ne mareia, praxes response.
  • mine i think would be piehmot ghar the great noo there was something else but i cant remember it ???
  • You are quite right mina, I think also a lahn that took me long to learn is the festival pauline and pekethronos, these 2 took me a bit of time to learn, also pe-ebnvema,
  • [quote author=baladoos link=board=2;threadid=4479;start=0#msg61679 date=1160017162]
    You are quite right mina, I think also a lahn that took me long to learn is the festival pauline and pekethronos, these 2 took me a bit of time to learn, also pe-ebnvema,

yah, but acuilty that lhn sounds very nice to a person who masters it. cus u've to change tunes fast.
  • well they are amazing really, also long Tai shory was very nice to learn, I remember that always when I hear it from mualem Ibrahim ayad I just find my tears come off my eyes hahahaha. BTW Mina do you know by any chance if Ibrahim ayad recorded any other thing different than what is on tasbeha, coz my dad is going to egypt soon and I can let him get me some of the staff that ibrahim ayad recorded
  • [quote author=baladoos link=board=2;threadid=4479;start=0#msg61682 date=1160017588]
    well they are amazing really, also long Tai shory was very nice to learn, I remember that always when I hear it from mualem Ibrahim ayad I just find my tears come off my eyes hahahaha. BTW Mina do you know by any chance if Ibrahim ayad recorded any other thing different than what is on tasbeha, coz my dad is going to egypt soon and I can let him get me some of the staff that ibrahim ayad recorded

well, he kind of did. of course i think he have new stuff that are updated(not all are on tasbeha.org because they are in fact differnt). but i know he did 4 tapes for kiahk. if you wanna get them, great. but i still wanna say that you'll be shocked by how differnt he is on them.
  • well, he kind of did. of course i think he have new stuff that are updated(not all are on tasbeha.org because they are in fact differnt). but i know he did 4 tapes for kiahk. if you wanna get them, great. but i still wanna say that you'll be shocked by how differnt he is on them.

How u mean different?
    I was in Egypt last summer and the only new tapes i found where the ones for vesper praise of Kiahk.
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=board=2;threadid=4479;start=0#msg61727 date=1160060036]

well, he kind of did. of course i think he have new stuff that are updated(not all are on tasbeha.org because they are in fact differnt). but i know he did 4 tapes for kiahk. if you wanna get them, great. but i still wanna say that you'll be shocked by how differnt he is on them.

How u mean different?
    I was in Egypt last summer and the only new tapes i found where the ones for vesper praise of Kiahk.

yah, these ones
  • I dont know about these tapes, i heard they aren't as complete as Muallim Gad's vesper praise tapes (ie only mo'akkab and romi) and the way its sung is identical to M. Gad's way.
    Personally, for Vesper praise and midnight hymns i learn them from M. Gad.
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=board=2;threadid=4479;start=0#msg61732 date=1160060325]
    I dont know about these tapes, i heard they aren't as complete as Muallim Gad's vesper praise tapes (ie only mo'akkab and romi) and the way its sung is identical to M. Gad's way.
    Personally, for Vesper praise and midnight hymns i learn them from M. Gad.

well i didn't hear all of them so i don't wanna say anything wrong. but i know he says "maria" instead of "mareia". i dono if you get the diffrence am talking about or not. but anyway, i'll soon get them and will hear them.
  • [quote author=minagir link=board=2;threadid=4479;start=0#msg61669 date=1160014737]
    teoi enhikanos (the long one not the great), or may be alleluia (psalm 150 kiahk).

The Great is th longest coptic hymn (thats a fact) unless ypu say something really slow for more than 40 minutes lol

I like Piebnavma my longest hymn
  • Pekethronos
  • Yeah i would have said pekethrosnos Z(not that i've learned it)

I've tried to learn for a number of years, bnt the furthest i got was like 5 minuets of it, lol

I used to know shere maria tethoro tevo...

My favourite (yes that wasn't the question I know!)

Shere Maria from the seventh part of the suday (sinday?) theotokia