Is this bad to say?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hey Guys,
I was wondering people on the internet say that like famous people are there idle's. Is that good or bad for a christian to say? Please reply baack as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Juliann ;D

Comments

• i think its not idel! if that makes sense... wouldnt you rather look up to the saints and st mary or Jesus himself?? i mean looking up to a human may lead you into disappointment sometimes... not all the time... but with famous movie stars and singers... well i mean u gotta really look where your priorities are!!

looking up to someone and admiring them is saying i wanna be like this person... why do u wanna be like the singer or actor? would you not prefer to look up to a saint?

jus my opinion!!! but good question
  • I dont know if its exactly a BAD thing. But your only Idol should be Jesus Christ. If you idle a human being you are idolizing a sinner. Jesus said we must be like God. Idolize God who is perfect, not a human who is a sinner.
  • In addition to all that was said above, most famous people are completely off of the Christian line of life... how can you say that you look up to them and you want to be like them if you are Christian?
  • i agreeeee

marmaraa