Psalm response for the feast of the cross

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Hi Guys
I was just asking: What do we say for the psalm response for the feast of the cross. Also what do we say in the psalm 150 (I mean what is the repeated sentence for the psalm 150) or how do we say it?

thanks

Comments

• Feast of The Cross

here is the hymns for the feast. you pray everything in the Sha'nini tune.
  • Hey Mina sorry you probably understood me wrong. I was actually asking about the psalm respone for the feast of the cross, because I have someone in my church that says that we are suppose to say the following for the psalm response : Alelluia Allelluia ve etaf ashf ebestavroos ek2e khom khemem satanas sabeseet ennentshalafg alelluia, so is that psalm response for the feast of the cross right or wrong?

also you know how in every feast like feast or resurrection, we say in psalm 150 during tawzee3 (esoos bekhrestoos eb2oro ente eb2o2o aftonf evol khenny ethmo2oot). Now what is the sentence that we are supposed to say during the psalm 150 of the tawzee3, in other words, after each 1/4 of the psalm 150 what do we say? e.g after (ezmo evnoty khenny ethowab teero entaf) what do we say? what is the sentence?

thanks a lot

Hany
  • [quote author=hany58 link=board=2;threadid=4310;start=0#msg59391 date=1156388746]
    Hey Mina sorry you probably understood me wrong. I was actually asking about the psalm respone for the feast of the cross, because I have someone in my church that says that we are suppose to say the following for the psalm response : Alelluia Allelluia ve etaf ashf ebestavroos ek2e khom khemem satanas sabeseet ennentshalafg alelluia, so is that psalm response for the feast of the cross right or wrong?

also you know how in every feast like feast or resurrection, we say in psalm 150 during tawzee3 (esoos bekhrestoos eb2oro ente eb2o2o aftonf evol khenny ethmo2oot). Now what is the sentence that we are supposed to say during the psalm 150 of the tawzee3, in other words, after each 1/4 of the psalm 150 what do we say? e.g after (ezmo evnoty khenny ethowab teero entaf) what do we say? what is the sentence?

thanks a lot

Hany

yes ther is a psalm Response. here is it:
    [coptic]=A=l =a=l@ I=y=c P=,=c `Psyri `m`V]@ vy`etauasf `epi`ctauroc@ ek`eqwmqem `m`pcatanac@ capecyt `nnen`[alauj. =A=l =a=l.[/coptic]

Alleluia, Alleluia, Jesus Christ the Son of God, was crucified on the Cross, trample Satan under our feet. Alleluia, Alleluia.

[right]ÇááíáæíÇ ÇááíáæíÇ¡ íÓæÚ ÇáãÓíÍ ÇÈä Çááå¡ ÇáÐì ÕáÈ Úáì ÇáÕáíÈ¡ ÇÓÍÞ ÇáÔíØÇä ÊÍÊ ÃÑÌáäÇ¡ ÇááíáæíÇ ÇááíáæíÇ. [/right]

about the psalm 150 response, my church says one and i think the source is Muallem Fahim. here it is:
    [coptic]I=y=c P=,=c `Psyri `m`V]@ vy`etauasf `epi`ctauroc. [/coptic]

Jesus Christ the Son of God, was crucified on the Cross.

[right]íÓæÚ ÇáãÓíÍ ÇÈä Çááå¡ ÕõáÈ Úáì ÇáÕáíÈ.[/right]

* Before the feast comes, all the hymns for it will be on the Hymn Text Library
  • Thanks very much ya mina, I really appreciate your great help with alhan
  • [quote author=baladoos link=board=2;threadid=4310;start=0#msg59314 date=1156326836]
    Hi Guys
    I was just asking: What do we say for the psalm response for the feast of the cross. Also what do we say in the psalm 150 (I mean what is the repeated sentence for the psalm 150) or how do we say it?

thanks

The Psalm 150 is in its annual tune, so there is no sentence to be repeated. Same as in Palm Sunday.
  • [quote author=WB link=board=2;threadid=4310;start=0#msg60045 date=1157077647]
    [quote author=baladoos link=board=2;threadid=4310;start=0#msg59314 date=1156326836]
    Hi Guys

thanks

The Psalm 150 is in its annual tune, so there is no sentence to be repeated. Same as in Palm Sunday.

don't you say it in Sha'nini tune???
    in Palm Sunday you say the psalm in that tune too and it's not annual.
  • Hey Guys
    I just had a read through the deacon service book done by Albair Mekhaiel (the very big fat book) and it is said on it that on the feast of the cross, there is no Psalm response, and for the psalm 150 we say it in the sha3aneeny tune but without a sentence (i.e no marad between the sentences of the psalm 150). What do you guys think??
  • I remember albair said on a thread on coptichymns.net a few months ago that this was all discussed with the Holy Synod, and they approved these responses.
    The responses are kinda logic, i see no reason why they shouldnt be said, but thats just me ;D