Guys Please I need answers for my alhan questions

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Hey Guys, how is it going

Please I have few questions here about alhan and I need your answers for them

1) Does anyone know where can I get the psalm 150 (Kiahk tune for mass) in arabic?

2) Can you use the festival Aleluia for Psalm 150 with all the big feasts? because ibrahim ayad only recorded it in resurrection and he mentioned that we can say it in ascention as well but I was asking if we can say it as well in the rest of the big feasts.

thanks

Hany

Comments

• im sry. I tried. But u might want 2 check at alhan.org.

GBU
  • [quote author=hany58 link=board=2;threadid=4140;start=0#msg57626 date=1152822001]
    2) Can you use the festival Aleluia for Psalm 150 with all the big feasts? because ibrahim ayad only recorded it in resurrection and he mentioned that we can say it in ascention as well but I was asking if we can say it as well in the rest of the big feasts.

first, that alleloia that muallem ibrahim ayad records is a shortend version of the real one. you can hear the real one HERE

and yes, if you are praying festive in any of the 7 major and minor Lord festive, you can say it BUT, of course you have to put the tunes on the right text because the psalm 150 response as you know is diffrent for every feast. so as long as you can you the tunes on the rit test, it's fine.

Muallem Ibrahim ensures what i said HERE
  • Thanks heaps for that
  • hi guys,
    i have an old version for HIOC`s records.the hymn of allileuia in the joyful tune isn`t recrded in it.then i heared that the HIOC is recording new version,so is the records on this site is totaly new or just with some additions like allileuia in the joyful tune ?
    and there are also some records that i can`t find here which i have on tapes like the brief liturgy of st basil.it would be nice if u can make them available here.
    thx alot and GB ur work. :D :D :D
  • sorry mina but neither of these 2 records is the one i`m talking about.
    as for alleluia ,
    i have many original tapes from the HIOC but none of them contain alleluia in the joyful tune.so i was wondering if the recordings on tasbeha.org are new recordings (recorded recently ) by the HIOC ,cos i heared something about the HIOC planing to record all the hymns again.
    thx
  • well,i found out that the liturgy i was talking about is recorded by cantor mikheal and cantor sadek attala.hope this helps. :) :)