what is the point?

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
i have opted at this subject for many years to see what is the point of life. I mean i get that god wants our lifes to him but he knows what we will do freedom or not so if we suffer is ti his will? Is he not all loving or what.

Forvive the admins
pray
abe

Comments

• i suggest u read the book called 'the purpose driven life' by Rick Warren.

To discover your purposes in life you muist turn to Gods word, not the world's widom. you must build your life on eternal truths, not pop-psychology, success motivation or inspirational stories. the bible says "its in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, He had His eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose He is working out in everything and everyone." this verse gives us 3 insights on your purpose:-
    1. you discover your identity and prupse through a relationship with Jesus Christ
    2. God was thinking of you long before you ever thought about Him. His purpose for your life predates your conception. He planned it before you existed.
    you may choose your career, spouse, hobbies and many other parts opf your life but you dont get to choose your purpose.
    3. the purpose of your life fits into a much larger, cosmic purpose that God had designed for eternity.

you were made for God not vice-versa. life is letting God use you for His purposes, not Him for your own purposes.

they are a couple of pointers i got from the book read it its gr8!!! it really gives u an insight bout ur life. we had a meeting on lifes purpose wen i type it up ill post it here.

+FROG+
  • I would like to add these points:
    * We are created for the glory of His name and for His glorification.
    * God is Love. We are created because of His Love: He wants us to be His children and to decide to take the most precious opportunity to enjoy eternal life in His Kingdom.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18
    16Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
  • * We are created for the glory of His name and for His glorification.

I must have to agree with this point. God does not need our glorification, there are thousands upon thousands of angels incessantly praising him in heaven. In the Liturgical Rite of St. Gregory we say: It is not you who needs my glorification but I that need your Lordship.

This is the answer the priest in my church always gives. God created us because he loved us. In Jeremiah he says:""Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
    before you were born I set you apart,"
    He created us because he wanted us to taste of his holy love. He created us because he wants us to run into his arms and see how beatiful he is. It is not his fault we choose to turn away from him and listen to devil and follow the sin. God knocks on each door of our hearts every day, it is us that choose not to open for him. This is not God's will, it is ours and the devil's.
  • I must have to agree with this point.

I think you meant disagree

Psalm 34:3
    Glorify the LORD with me; let us exalt his name together.

Psalm 69:30
    I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.

and the following verse of Psalm 63 proves both Love and glorification are inter related:

Psalm 63:3
    Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.

Daniel 4:37
    Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and exalt and glorify the King of heaven, because everything he does is right and all his ways are just. And those who walk in pride he is able to humble.

Luke 2:20
    The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told.

Romans 15:6
    so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Revelation 16:9
    They were seared by the intense heat and they cursed the name of God, who had control over these plagues, but they refused to repent and glorify him.

to meditate further:

John 8:54
    Jesus replied, "If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me.

John 12:28-29
    28"Father, glorify your name!" 29Then a voice came from heaven, "I have glorified it, and will glorify it again." The crowd that was there and heard it said it had thundered; others said an angel had spoken to him.

John 17:2
    "Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him.

2 Thessalonians 1
    12We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord, Jesus Christ.

let me rephrase the points of my reply above:
    * We are created as an expression of His unlimited Glory.
    We glorify the Lord for the fullness of His Love.
    * God is Love. God created us because He wants us to be His children and to decide, or chose to take the most precious opportunity to enjoy eternal life in His Heavenly Kingdom.
  • so, you are saying that although we were not created for the sole pupose of giving glory to God, we do so because of his inexpressible, divine love for us as his creations?
    if so, i agree with you but that also means we were created because of God's love for us.
  • Surely yes, thank you. For what a magnificent proof of Love was there at the time of Adam's creation, specifically of being created in His own Image.
  • Yes, I meant disagree. However now I understand your point. Yes, we are created as an expression of God's glory, but, and I emphasize this, we were not created to glorify God because he does not need our glorification.

Of course we were created of love!
  • Now someone please answer the last part of epshiri's question.
  • I mean i get that god wants our lifes to him but he knows what we will do freedom or not so if we suffer is ti his will?

God is a very very loving person. He calls all and everyone into his arms. God wants us to come to him, but we cannot do that by doing something which is not loving: sin. When we take satan as a father instead of Christ, we must have an ending the same as satan: hell. So you ask, is this God's will? There is a difference between God allowing something to happen and him willing it to happen. I will however, let someone more qualified to elaborate further on this subject.
  • Yes, as mentioned, God loves you more than you can imagine, and out of his great love for you, he gave you the freedom to choose. This is because if you choose to go to him, that choice is more precious that anything, it really means that you love your father in heaven. If he created you with no free will, you would go wherever he designed you to go, and you would be a slave, a fate he does not want for anyone. Yes, he does know what you will do before you do it, but the fact that he knows does not take away from your freedom to choose it. That is, he knows what you will choose, but it was still your decision to make. Now, why do bad things happen to good people. As Christ4life mentioned, everything in the universe happens because either God wills it or because God allows it. He wills good things to happen, and he allows bad things to happen in order to test your faith, strengthen your faith and bring you close to him, or to prevent you from committing a certain sin. for example, look at Job. You suffer precisely because God loves you and wants the best for you. He interferes to help you make the right decisions, although, whether you do or not is up to you. i hope i've helped and not confused you further. ;D