People in school

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
There are a couple of kids in school whom tend to attack the Coptic Orthodox religion. They mock Christ's crucifiction, and they mock the church. What should I do? One of them is a muslim, anither hindu, two of them jewish. I have brought it up with people like the principal, but that failed. She saw that it was 4 against 1 and they just told her that they haven't been doing anything. Please your advice.

Comments

• firstly u have to make sur that u donot encourage such actions and only tell them what u thinl..adn tell them that things like this should be kept to themselves...

however my sister, the best thng to do it pray for them..becasue there are alot of people like that in the world, however if u try to approach them and tell them what u think...become an example to them....and everyother advice...

u should just ingnore such evil actions..

however BE TOUGH NOT ROUGH...n if u have somtehing to tell them...or they do you wrong u should tell them..just like the way Jsus was wrongfully slapped and he told the man..that if He had done something wrong then he had a right to slap him but he had done nothing to him...

therefore it isnt wrong to stand up for yourself if something like this happend...but then again...being an example..praying for them and simply ignoring them (becasue u will meet alot of people like that in the world) tell them that u r not interested and what they are doing is neither funny or change the way u see chrisitanity..

this is my humble advice..

ur sister
    GOD be with u
  • [quote author=why link=board=10;threadid=3946;start=0#msg55416 date=1148707765]
    u should just ingnore such evil actions..

i think ignoring them may be a good idea,but why don`t we become more positive.you can show them the christian behavoir and the traditions that church tought us. example,when you see them you begin saying "hi,good morning , etc....".if any one of them needed help do your best to help him.if one got sick ask about him.i think these deeds can change their hearts towards christianity.
    hope my advice is practical and not theoritical.
    god be with you,
  • Thanks for the advice... I will try it.
    BTW, why, im a boy. :P
  • I actually sort of disagree with the ignoring thing, because you need to show what you believe in, and you can't let them get to you on that, because I know for sure the ignoring isn't that good of idea, but it may help, I have tried the ignoring idea it helped me and all, but it didn't give me strength, what is your faith for, isn't it to help you, of course it is, it's a power of strength, just show them you aren't afraid of them by the power and strength of the Lord Jesus Christ, God Bless you, and don't be afraid, remember many people can defeat other only if you have faith, even if there are a lot of people against you only, but remember GOD is up there watching your every move, I'm not saying that you fight back, you just have to show them that you got courage by WORD!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Have you ever considered placing yourself on the offensive stance, argumentatively? From what you have explicated, your classmates offensive strategy is to attack you intellectually; calling Christ's crucifixion a scam. Try asking them to defend their religious beliefs and to give historical backup for their claims.

The Koran was first compiled together during the 6th century......the Holy Scriptures by the 4th. Why weren’t any documentations of the Koran preserved by the fourth century when there was over 200 biblical manuscripts circulating by that time. Did Mohammed really have his entire intestines mangled and then re-organized by the arch angel Gabriel? Did Mohammed really begun running when he was only two months old? (Hadith)

Furthermore, it is a well attested fact that Jesus of Nazareth was crucified and buried in the tomb by Joseph of Arimathea by almost every current biblical scholar. Josephus, a Jewish secularist, had written concerning Christ's crucifixion within the original copy of the Talmud (historical evidence).
    Proponents of the Jewish faith also, universally, acknowledge the Old Testament (Torah) to be Godly inspired. Interestingly in Genesis 1:26 God decrees “Let Us make man in Our image". Who is the "Us" referring to? Was the Lord talking to the fish, the birds or the sea? Was He more logically connoting such Divine Fiat to be direct communication with the other two Persons of the Trinity? (Ah, but isn't that what the Jewish skeptic is trying to disprove and not prove?)

The Hindu believes in a multiplicity of manifestations for Deity. Where is his proof for the reincarnation process? If Deity is equivalent to a Pantheist/Monistic view of life, doesn't that suggest every being is part of Deity? Well then aren't you and your beliefs in Christianity part of that Deity? Surely, he is not meaning to mock his own religion's concept of divinity.
    It’s also extremely difficult to latch on to the concept of good and evil when it comes down to pantheistic entailments of one's world view. Good and evil constitute life and life is on its own means, divine…. correct? So evil is also divine. But then it wouldn't be evil to believe in Christ's crucifixion or his eternal word. It would only be divine. It also wouldn't be "evil" to impose your worldview of Christianity on your friends by coersion. In fact it would be partly evil to consider any of your friend’s claims as true. They say Christ was never crucified....well then, is that an exclusive truth (the only truth)? Doesn't pantheism demonstrate that all truths are inclusive (every truth is right), since all are part of the greater reality?

These are just snippets of the problems with each of the world views imbibed by your ‘compadres’. Let them prove their claims to their own religions and give historical evidence for Christ's non-crucifixion before you take into consideration their assaults. If they stump you with any historical, philosophical or existential claims write me and, by God’s grace, I’ll assist you in your contention.

God bless you.
  • [quote author=LifeinChrist link=board=10;threadid=3946;start=0#msg55497 date=1148743563]
    Thanks for the advice... I will try it.
    BTW, why, im a boy. :P

oops sorry bout that..i had read it to be laurainchrist... :-[ sorry...and coptic servant..ignoring them is just a resiprical of being an example...

just like Jesus kept quiet in front of Pontious Pilate...said what he had to ..and then didnt speak a word
  • well i think you should talk to your principal again and maybe ask your parents to as well. this behaviour by others is not acceptable and should not be tolerated i view that as a type of bullying.

oh and 'Why' i thought that when someone is attacking you personally then i guess its a type of humility not to answer back but i think that when someone attacks you religion then its different like how people go on protests etc. do you know what i mean?? (thats how i interpret that to apply in our daily lives that is contemporarily)

Kristina123
  • [quote author=gmankbadi link=board=10;threadid=3946;start=0#msg55529 date=1148786323]
    Try asking them to defend their religious beliefs and to give historical backup for their claims.

i don`t think it is a good idea.we are not supposed to attack others but to defend ourselves when we are attacked.
  • [quote author=Kristina123 link=board=10;threadid=3946;start=0#msg55534 date=1148813410]
    well i think you should talk to your principal again and maybe ask your parents to as well. this behaviour by others is not acceptable and should not be tolerated i view that as a type of bullying.

oh and 'Why' i thought that when someone is attacking you personally then i guess its a type of humility not to answer back but i think that when someone attacks you religion then its different like how people go on protests etc. do you know what i mean?? (thats how i interpret that to apply in our daily lives that is contemporarily)

Kristina123

well krestina...i totally understand you but still our religon is not something that can be discriminated against if we think that what they are saying is ridiculous..

there is a difference between becoming and example and keeping quiet becasue someone is saying ridiculous things..whilst there is PEOPLE KILLING the christian (which they have no right) and it comes down to LIFE...then that is different and NEeD the protest you were talking about...
  • i agree totally with kristina123 also i was in similar situations but this tym with protestants i gess it wasnt mocking Jesus as their christian too but critisizing orthodoxy and saying im going to hell and so is any1 else thats orthodox yadda yadda yadda and it happened to me a cuple of tyms i noticed every tym with all different situations its either 1 of 2 things... God is opening sum1s eyes or u need to no more bout ur religion n wat u blive. of corse wen i got told these things at skool i didnt shutup about it but u no i grabbed books, cds, talked to priests etc. so much stuff and i gess in the end everythings gone and fine but i realised hey look i no more about my religion so i can stand up so if sum1 says sumfin i can automatically say ok HC thats in 1 Cor talking bout being true indeed and so so so dont ignore it coz God myt actually use u to open their eyes. God even uses bad situations to open eyes wat makes u think he wont use u preaching? so do ur research and get back to them as gmankbadi gave u a head start :)

+FROG+
  • frog...ur case..was of a NICE nature..as it involved the principle and not the students themselves...

• nyc situation u must b kidding me... wasnt with students it was with my teacher, the deputy principal, the principal himself, the head of biblical studies not sum whimpy kids... try standing up to that... and try also copping sum arvos while i ur there lukily i didnt get it though even tho they were threatining me wit it and i got sum detentions
  • yes it was probably harder..but that is not what i am saying..the princaple was only had DIFFFERENT VIEW...but DID NOT DISCRIMINATE!!!!

and it is only a view..if u have good speaking skills and u r able to convice...GO FOR IT >>>IF THATS WhAT U THINK>>>

but not objecting dont mean u deny ur faith..it is only when u start hiding UR FAITH...
  • well he was judging us by saying we were 1. going to hell 2. not christian 3. worship idols etc etc. i can go on forever. and he did do "research" on it so he is more lyk judging us and discriminating than having an opinion. bcoz if it was an opinion hed get over it but we kept going for about a month or even more. i dont hav gd speaking skills nor can i convince BUT with God ALL things r possible. peter etc. in the Bible were uneducated and were fishermen... didnt stop them from writing the Bible... he didnt rite his own words... Holy Spirit worked through them... same with us today... God speaks through us... so we should tell the whole world about our faith and wat we belive and if they hav it rong u correct them dun just sit there. WITNESS FOR CHRIST EVERY1!!!

+FROG+
  • you shoul.d tell thenm that eligion is [glow=red,2,300]not [/glow] allowed to be discussed inm sxkool

You shoul.d tell thenm "why r u making jokes avbout it if l.ots of peop.e r conferting

Just look at then and say "would u like it if i talked about ur religion{dont talk avbiout it just say that}

u already know that they are wrong and u r right

GodBless

~cgfe~

• this is a great opportunity to learn more about your religion, Judaism, Hinduism and Buddhism if necessary so that you may grow firmly established in the Christian orthodoxy.

The same situation happened to me with Islam. I literally began reading from tghe Koran verses to them and questioning their religion and i was amazed that they couldnt answer me back with commentary.

May the Lord stand by you and make you grow from the tribulation.

PEACE
    <><