jesus died for us

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Ok jesus died for us so my question is this what about the people that died before jesus shed his blood on the cross.I feel dumb askin this question but i think that god himself used others like moses and other prophets to minister to others but in the bible the onley way to heaven is threw the son of god jesus that shed his blood for us.Im just curious about those souls before christ .Forgive me for my ignorence and pray for me.

Comments

• before Jesus Christ died on the cross all of the souls good or bad went to hades or hell. when Jesus died he went down to hades and set free all of the righteous souls to paradise with him then he resurrected on the third day. if you find the song ya kol a sofof and translate it to english it pretty much says the same thing
  • dear all

i would like to just clarify:
    hell and hades are two different things/places.

paradise and heaven are also two different things/places.

as paradise is the waiting place for the righteous souls for the second coming of Christ, so is hades the waiting place for the condemned souls for the second coming also.

Christ did not descend into hell, but hades.

GBU all
    mg
  • Thanks i would like to know the scripture so i can read it>i heard this before i think when i was achild but have forgotten it.I really tryin to learn all things i can about the saints and the scripture in the bible god bless and please pray for me.
  • He did die for us and I think he went to heaven but 1st went to hades to get moses and everyone else... I am GUESSING
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=board=1;threadid=3888;start=0#msg54791 date=1147734869]
    before Jesus Christ died on the cross all of the souls good or bad went to hades or hell. when Jesus died he went down to hades and set free all of the righteous souls to paradise with him then he resurrected on the third day. if you find the song ya kol a sofof and translate it to english it pretty much says the same thing

I don't get what you're asking.
  • i wasn't asking anything i was saying that if you look up the song Ya kol a sofof text in english or what ever language it tells the story of what Jesus did when he died.
  • oh okay. It's actually pretty long, but we don't usually say the entire thing.
  • i have another question relating to this..
    today, we try our best to follow God with the aim of reaching the heavenly kingdom.. but that only became available to us afterr Christ she His blood on the cross.. but those who lived before Christ would go to hades straight away whether they were good or bad,, why would they make an effort to follow Gods ways if this was the case ?
  • This is because they knew that eventually the christ would come and set them free. only the good people left hades with Jesus not the bad. so that is why they tried so hard to follow God. Also it is because they loved him with all their hearts.
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=board=1;threadid=3888;start=0#msg55117 date=1148095370]
    This is because they knew that eventually the christ would come and set them free. only the good people left hades with Jesus not the bad. so that is why they tried so hard to follow God. Also it is because they loved him with all their hearts.

(in reference to loving God) which should be why we would want to follow/obey God, because we love Him, and with that love, we can want to go to heaven, to spend eternity with Him.

hope that made sense

I probably sound like a hypocrite, but wanted to say that