Next Fast

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
I was just wondering if anyone knows what the next fasts will be in the coptic church, how long they go for, and any certain requirements for them (i.e. you can east fish in some, but not all fasts).

Rabana Maak

Matt

Comments

• its seyam el rosol or the Apostles fast and it doesn't have a certain # and btw we eat fish in that fast!

GBU
    sandra
  • Next fast is the Apostle's Fast just like sandrahanna said but it's easy to determine the day of when it starts and ends thus determining its toal amount of days...The Apostle's fast always begins the monday following Pentecost and will always end on July 12th...and this fast allows fish
  • u know i think it was 2009 or something...the aspostle fasting would be about 40 days!!
  • thanks heaps! Does anyone know when Pentecost will be then?

Rabana Maak

Matt
  • i think matt its is 21st of june, im gussieng
    :D
  • I know that this year we start the Apostles' fast on the 12th of June and it goes on till July 12th, a full month! lol

Sleepy
  • Thanks so much for your help!! Things make sense now ;)

Rabana Maak
  • [quote author=sleepymusician link=board=4;threadid=3866;start=0#msg54582 date=1147442237]
    I know that this year we start the Apostles' fast on the 12th of June and it goes on till July 12th, a full month! lol

Sleepy

Actually, sleeplymusician, it's almost a full month, it's actually the June 12th-July 11th, I got it from the weblink Iqbal gave me a while back! Here check for yourself, just scroll down it's after the Holy Pentecost Feast
    http://suscopts.org/2006churchevents.html

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • thx for the link coptic servant :D
  • I think in December i ain t sure
  • [quote author=Hizz_chiilld link=board=4;threadid=3866;start=0#msg54924 date=1147945043]
    thx for the link coptic servant :D

You are very welcome, glad I helped!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent