Just a few questions

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
hello all

i was asked a few questions that i didnt know the answer to

1. St Mary was taken up to heaven but we are told that there are only spirits in heaven and there are no bodies so where did her body go?

2. as the gates of heaven were not opened before christ resurrected where did Elijah, moses and all the prior prohets go to hades? were they tortured there?

3. And where are they now?

thanks its very intriguing!!!!!!!1 ::)

Comments

• Now listen Kristina, I have questions like yours in this website and they are detail questions. As in we don't need to know the answers. We just need to know the facts. We leave the rest to God. So these questions are changing live questions, so I don't think its an answerable question. I also have questions like those if you would like to know.
  • Oh in one of the sentences about changing life questions its can't not can or aren't not are (I forgot which one it was sorry).
  • [quote author=Kristina123 link=board=1;threadid=3776;start=0#msg53635 date=1146400558]
    hello all

i was asked a few questions that i didnt know the answer to

1. St Mary was taken up to heaven but we are told that there are only spirits in heaven and there are no bodies so where did her body go?

2. as the gates of heaven were not opened before christ resurrected where did Elijah, moses and all the prior prohets go to hades? were they tortured there?

3. And where are they now?

thanks its very intriguing!!!!!!!1 ::)

Sorry, but correction, Mother Mary, hasn't gone into Heaven yet, she has gone to paradise, the gates of Heaven and Hell are not opened yet, so therefore there is a waiting place, Paradise-Heaven, Hades-Hell!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Yes, the Church , and the Bible, distinguish between "The Kingdom of Heaven", and "Paradise". As far as I'm aware, Paradise is the waiting place for those who will go into Heaven. However, concerning our Holy Mother, the Venerated Saint Mary, I think she's in the Kingdom of Heaven. My theory is this: The Prophet David says "The Queen sat on the right hand of the King". So, if our Lord is in Heaven [the Kingdom], surely Saint Mary will be there too, at His right hand side?

Perhaps its best to ask abouna??? I cant say i'm sure, but it just doesnt sound 100% kosha that Saint Mary is in Paradise, but then, who am i to be sure of that??
  • Are people in paradise with Christ or not?
  • You know what? Im not sure! Its a fine question, and I feel its not been answered! Please could someone answer this??

• Hey Kristina 1,2,3

Those questions you have asked are truly great and are part of one of the biggest theological discussions in the church.

Through the grace of God however, i will try and answer them to the best of my limited ability.

For starters we need to realise that no one can enter the kingdom of heaven until the second coming so all the souls that will go to heaven are in know in paradise and likewise all the souls that are destined for hell are now in hades.

However the church teaches us that only souls can go to paradise. this raises a question if St Mary's body was taken up wholly where do we expect to find her? Definitly St Mary is not in paradise or the heavenly Jerusalem. So where is she? Put simply we do not know but having asked one of my parish priests he tells me that she is with Elijah and Enoch who both have not died till this day and are to come into the world again when the second coming approaches.

Moving on, once Adam and Eve were expelled from the Garden of Eden all souls till the death of Christ went to hell. know where they tortured?

The best way to answer your second question is with an analogy.

If my parents where to tell me not to go clubbing and i did i will feel guilty and uneasy, this feeling is exactly the same feeling our forefathers would have felt.

Hopefully ive answered your questions......it would be interesting to hear what others have to say about the issue.

God Bless
  • hello Hardyakka (i think i know you)

thanks for the informative answer can you please provide references biblical or otherwise

Kristina
  • [quote author=vassilios link=board=1;threadid=3776;start=0#msg53684 date=1146433210]
    However, concerning our Holy Mother, the Venerated Saint Mary, I think she's in the Kingdom of Heaven. My theory is this: The Prophet David says "The Queen sat on the right hand of the King.
    Perhaps its best to ask abouna??? I cant say i'm sure, but it just doesnt sound 100% kosha that Saint Mary is in Paradise, but then, who am i to be sure of that??

Ok, Virgin Mary isn't in Heaven yet, she is only in Paradise, where all the saints, martyrs, etc, and mikeforjesus, yes they are, since Paradise is opened, but Heaven isn't!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Kristina123,
    Welcome to the site....

You ask very intreging questions indeed. Don't know if there are defentive Answers to the first one at least. But I think your question is about her Body verses where she is currently.

Just like God did not see it fit that the human Body of our Lord Jesus be left on earth, He did not see it fit to leave the body of His mother on earth either since in her womb the Miricale of all miricals happend and that is the conception of Our Lord.

In Paradise and in the kingdom of heaven, there are only spirits, however I am sure God can make exceptions for His Own body and that of His mother.

Also, currently we believe that Elijah and Enoch are in Paradise with thier Earthly bodies untill they come again and die.

Finally, H.H. Explains that after we die and on Judgment day, God will call all the bodies of those who died and they will come together and those who were rightious, thier bodies will early a heavenly form (transform). So it will not only be Spirits, but Heavenly Bodies.

As for before the resurrection of Jesus Christ, everyone went to hades, both rightious and unrightious people. Even when Jesus Died on the cross, the devil came to capture His soul however, when He got to Hades, He released the spirits of those who are rightous to Paradise.
    I hope this answers your questions.

+copticboy
  • [quote author=hardyakka link=board=1;threadid=3776;start=0#msg53776 date=1146489326]
    However the church teaches us that only souls can go to paradise. this raises a question if St Mary's body was taken up wholly where do we expect to find her? Definitly St Mary is not in paradise or the heavenly Jerusalem. So where is she? Put simply we do not know but having asked one of my parish priests he tells me that she is with Elijah and Enoch who both have not died till this day and are to come into the world again when the second coming approaches.

When saying where is she, u should say 'where is her body?' because her soul will be in paradise with Christ and the saints. Because her body has been taken out of the earth that doesnt mean it has united with her soul i.e: She has not resurrected yet

Elijah and Enoch are a different story because they have not died yet, so their soul is still united with their body. So we say they can not be in paradise, God must be keeping them somewhere, we can only guess where. But St Mary is in paradise, but her body is also kept somewhere we can only guess.