I need a roommate!!

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
I'm going to be a freshman in college in september and I really, really want a coptic roommate. I know with the increased freedom of being away from home there's always the temptation to sin and I want a roommate who'll make me stronger, not tempt me even more. I'm going to Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey and am looking for a girl who would be going to the same college. Anyone who knows Rutgers knows u gotta affiliate with one of its college and I'm affiliating with Rutgers college. This should make sense to anyone going to Rutgers. If u or someone u know fits the description, please reply.

Comments

• I do live in NJ, but it's an hour drive to Rutgers. So that would be 2 hrs I'd have to give up everyday and I REALLY hate driving. I figure if I really dont like dorming, I can always move back home, but I'll try it and see how it goes.
  • Good luck...dorm life is hard. :-\
  • my parents won't let me have a dorm. because they think that (as cookiesalib813 said) i will be tempted to sin from the freedom from home. they say that coptic orthodox people shouldn't stay in a dorm for that matter. are they right? or are they wrong?
  • Your parents are definetly right. There is a lot of temptation with living outside of your home...beside you will feel as though you are free...but a lot of responsibilites come with that freedom. Most students in college just party too hard and you will be tempted to party with them so you could be social with them and have friends...besides the party is nothing without drinking...so more temptation. The other thing and the most difficult is having a roomate who can do all sort of things since it's her room not just yours. Not everyone is bad...but most of them just don't care what your believes are or what you expect from them and all of that. They can do all sort of things right in front of your eyes..things that we never saw before...and that definetly can lead you into a bad road of more and more temptation.
    Girls...just an advice from an older friend...don't live outside of your home unless you have to...even if you don't have to and you just want to...find a friend you can room with...find someone you know very well and that you can live with for a whole year (most preferred would be a coptic one)...but please don't just go for the fun of it...you will regret it
  • hey good luck there it is a great school me and my brother and all our friends go there
    they have a really cool coptic orthodox club i know u will have fun there. :) ;D

rabina ma3ki
  • I know dorming is going to be tough, but like I said, it's an hour drive from where I live. And I can't go to Rutgers Newark cuz the program I'm going into is only at New Brunswick. As for expenses, thank God, I have a full scholarship. Just pray for me to find a good roommate.
  • Yea, I've heard about the R. I just heard it's where all the egys hang out, but wat's so great about it?
  • why the hell go to dorms... if you're a girl.... drive the hour... I drive an hour to school... its a waste to live in dorms... parties... donkeys... too much crap... but oh well... just enjoy... and hope you remain safe...
  • what you mean foul lang. lol... I said donkeys instead of what I usually say!
  • LOL... oh really... mashy
  • I'm gonna give dorming a chance and if things dont go well, then obviousely I wont dorm anymore. The way I look at it is that Rutgers is paying the dorm for me anyway, so I go, give it a chance and see if i like it. If I dont, I just move out. I've got nothing to lose.
  • You should also check out the COF meeting they host every week. The meeting usually commences at the Bush Student Center on Firday nights. I think it will be much to your liking.....although I do not know who has headed it since the departure of Father Antonious Tonious.

You should be able to find yourself prosperous aquaintances over there.

God bless you.