How do u know ur inlove?

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
How do u know ur inlove?

i'v asked people in my church and my cousins, but havn't recieved a clear answer.

confused help ???
This might get personal. pm me

Comments

• ill pm you my thoughts
  • ok nene. you don't mind if i call you that right?

love lots,
    CopticChica21
  • I would suppose that it would be very difficult to explain when you are truly in love. True love is usually based on feelings and feelings are very difficult to explain. I suppose your heart will tell you when you are truly in love. You may feel like you can simply not be away from the person who you are in love with. If you want to test whether you truly love a person or not, you should leave that person and not communicate with that person for a long time, say a year or so, I know it may seem excessive but I suppose you may figure out the duration of that period if you think that my estimation is excessive. If you still feel the same feeling that you felt before for that person, the feeling that you may see as "love" then it is probably true love. Love itself is a very complicated topic and it is not easy to comprehend, let alone explain. I am just throwing my ideas out there so please feel free to ignore me if my suggestion does not fit your situation or make sense.

Please pray for me always,
    Believer ib God
  • ok once u know u r inlove..how bout if u know he is not the person u want to get married to...then what!!
  • nope i am in a moseeba...and i need HELP...seriously..i think he might propose...
  • The moment God has become the medium and consumate refrence point of both you and the other individual for whom you share feelings for--the instant where God's dissapearance from your existence is sufficent to nullify the realtionship--is the moment you truly know you really can love someone else.
    In order to appreciate whatever Eros (romanitc) love you may feel for another person, you first must instill yourself within the Agape love; love that entails worship for our Father in Heaven. Until you can learn to fall in love with Christ in spirutal succession....you will never be able to truly fall in love with another person in the material realm. At best, you may feel a temporal altruisim for someone else; at worst a carnal desire.

As it is written; "....that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ....that you, being rooted and grounded in love" (Eph 3:14).

So also is it denoted; "For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things." (1 Jhn 3:20)

As well as;

"As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love." (Jhn 15:9)
  • WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW

OMG that sooo helped me..how can i thank u... i so got it...

OMG...i feel so much better...

THANKU THNAK U THANK U... by the way..where did u get such inriching info?
  • But another question, what happens when your inlove and yet hurting and having problems.. like, i cant explain. Its such a rough situation. You cant let go, but things are a mess.

I think it's a cross you should try to endure. If you love someone, it means you will do anything for them or to make them happy. The same as how God loves us..he sent His only begotten son and he died for us...because He loves us. It's probably much harder for us, humans, because we don't have that much of an everlasting love because we tend to feel the hurt and the pain more than we feel the positive things that come in our life with that person. Keep in mind also that love have to happen both ways...each person in a "relationship" needs to work on it and try to make it the best it can be. If there is only one person working and the other in state of not caring that much, then there could be a serious problem there and let go can be the answer in that situation...
  • All good gifts come from up above, from the Father of lights.....I am able only to dispense what I have already been given....

God bless you.
  • lol..no you aren't confusing at all.
    I am in the same thing and I know what you mean and that feeling that it's not quite what you wished it was. To be straight out...love isn't as easy at all...or relationships in general...I mean nothing can be all perfect. One of things you really need to do is to pray about it...and believe me God does give you the answer one way or another. After all, He is your father and He can't see you get hurt. Sometimes if you work on it extra and be patient with the problems and everything between you two, it can result in something good, and it will actually be a form of testing the love you have for each other...Problems in relationships can strengthen the love rather than end it.
  • okay Id read all the comments... but LOVE is a STRONG word... LOVE... is not to be asked upon... but rather it to be felt... lol... if you want the biblical meaning tell me... I"ll get all I know... which is about something shorter than a paragraph.... lol
  • oh God...u are back :-X :P
  • all joy... the Bishoyister is here... lol...
  • Socoolbishoy, you stated that love is ineffable; it cannot be described adequatley and "it can not be asked upon". I have but one question for you. Does the concept that love "cannot be asked upon" a concept that itself can be asked upon?

Your point is well taken, but language is the expressive medium to which meaning can be imparted to others. If you label language as inadequate to express love, then aren't you really inducing that language is just as inadequate for expressing all types of meaning?

This unfourtunatley would have to include your meaningfully denoted statement that love cannot be asked upon.

I wonder what your reponse might be.

I hope that you find enduring love within your own life. I pray that it is first and foremost the love of Christ before all else.

God bless you.
  • gmankbadi, i agree with u. i have found that everyone is going to give u a different answer about what they think love is. I have also realized that in order to know what love is u have to live it even if at the begining ur not sure what to think. over time it will answer itself.