can prayers change god's will or his plans for us?

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
can prayers change god's will?

GBU
sandra

Comments

• lol. of course, what do you think prayer is.
  • well..like if someone is gonna die can we pray in order for him to live longer?

GBU
    sandra
  • Hmmmm.... I really don't know about that one... I believe that depends on the person's own faith that God can hold him.
  • [quote author=sandrahanna link=board=13;threadid=3376;start=0#msg49377 date=1141680838]
    well..like if someone is gonna die can we pray in order for him to live longer?

here's somthing we should all know concenning death:
    Our Father Who art in heaven ;
    hallowed be Thy name.
    Thy kingdom come.
    Thy will be done

on earth as it is in heaven.
    Give us this day our daily bread.
    And forgive us our trespasses, (that's enough for what i wanna say.)

when we say Thy (Your) kingdom come, how is the kingdom of God will come. BUT we will get there if we really deserved it. and how do we get there, by leaving life on earth and moving to life in paradise, and than HEAVEN on the last day. here we move to ur Q. Thy will be done. means that you should always follow God's will. (Thy will be done. ).....so if God's will is for someone to depart earth, NO ONE can stop that. i think this answers ur Q.

now about prayer. prayer is like the telephon between YOU and God. It's basicly the easiest task to ever do to get God. prayer is a connection between use who live on earth and God. it's like the meaning in arabic (sallah). the "sallah" is a "sela" between us and God.
    and with that connectian, God can change his will in may be going to heaven and not hades, but not death.
  • [quote author=sandrahanna link=board=13;threadid=3376;start=0#msg49377 date=1141680838]
    well..like if someone is gonna die can we pray in order for him to live longer?

GBU
    sandra

I think so, I may be wrong though. From these verses of the Bible it seems not only for someone who is going to die but also for one who is already dead it is possible to pray for him/her and bring him/her back to this world/make him/her alive like St. Peter did:

Acts 9:37-41
    [37] And it came to pass in those days, that she was sick, and died: whom when they had washed, they laid her in an upper chamber.
    [38] And forasmuch as Lydda was nigh to Joppa, and the disciples had heard that Peter was there, they sent unto him two men, desiring him that he would not delay to come to them.
    [39] Then Peter arose and went with them. When he was come, they brought him into the upper chamber: and all the widows stood by him weeping, and shewing the coats and garments which Dorcas made, while she was with them.
    [40] But Peter put them all forth, and kneeled down, and prayed; and turning him to the body said, Tabitha, arise. And she opened her eyes: and when she saw Peter, she sat up.
    [41] And he gave her his hand, and lifted her up, and when he had called the saints and widows, presented her alive.

Please pray for me? and GBU!
  • ok, what you said about prayers is absolutly right, but about god's will i am not sure if its right, because god changed abouna angelious(from st.anthony's monestary in egypt)date because his people needed him..so st.mary appeared to him and told him everything..thats how i knew that.

so..what do you think of this story?

GBU
    sandra

• I think you are exactly right! If something is not the will of God then no matter how and who pray/s, it is not possible to go against Gods' will, I think, don't you think? I may be wrong though, that is just as far as I know.

Please pray for me? and GBU!
  • Prayer and God's will go hand in hand, you can't seperate the two. As minagir said, we pray for the will of God, we don't pray against the will of God. Whatever the power of your prayer, it will not go against God's plan for you. You can't pray for someone to live longer, unless God sees it fit for that certain someone to live longer. Your prayer are not above God's will, nor are they more acceptable than His will.
    And keep in mind, God knows exactly when each one is going to die and his knows that date since our birth, so just two words from someone close to them wouldn't make someone live longer or die sooner.
    sandrahanna...do you have credibility for this story, because I doubt even if it happened that it will come public like that.
  • i have always wanted to ask that question!!!!!!!!!! its like you read my mind. :D Ne ways my dad is always like oh pray for blablalbalb. U no whatever and in my head im like well what does it matter what i want scince gos will will be done and i pray that every day in our father who art in heave prayer ! So i am not really sure, id luv to know tho! One thing i think i know is that u cant pray for some one to not die cuz God marked that date before we were ever born, nut what about the people that like clinically die and then like go thru a tunnel and come back to life ? ??? ??? I think im being too confusig! :-[

LUV
    May

God Bless Much
  • [quote author=sandrahanna link=board=13;threadid=3376;start=0#msg49385 date=1141690176]
    ok, what you said about prayers is absolutly right, but about god's will i am not sure if its right, because god changed abouna angelious(from st.anthony's monestary in egypt)date because his people needed him..so st.mary appeared to him and told him everything..thats how i knew that.

so..what do you think of this story?

what do you mean changed the date. didn't we say before that God KNOWS everything. so God said it wasn't the rit time for him, that's it.
  • Some people might be sick because they did not take good care of themselves (?)... it was not Gods will for them to be sick but they are sick.. If you pray for them they may recover..

Is some or all I said above right?

Even though some people are sick because they did not take good care of themselves (?) God may not want them to recover so soon or even at all if this sickness will benefit them and if He has good reason..

Is some or all I said in the above paragraph or something right?

Or
    Maybe God will always heal a sick person who got sick by not taking good care of his or her self if the person has faith that God will heal them

? ?

What do you think?
  • It could happen because it has happened. Also, it depends on the faith and the complete prayer. Also, God knowns your plans no matter what. He knowns that you could pray so technically, god's plans know that you are gonna pray and all that. so its like not even changing that much. i kknow that soudns a little confusing, but it makes sense.