they've gone way too far- this is outrageous

edited February 2006 in Random Issues
have u guys seen this... In australia, we have this cartoon called "South Park' and in every episode they pick and attack a certain crowd, religion, etc etc

this time they've gone too far. last night's episode sparked huge controversy. they had a statue of st mary bleeding out of her bum (im sorry i cant put it any other way) and mocking her, ridiculing miracles and the church. it was outrageous. im just shocked that they could do that

but god says forgive your enemies, so i guess we must

May god forgive them for this senseless act

Comments

• Actually mazza, here in america there is a show called south park as well, and it has such violence and meaningless words in it, that offended lots of people, I mean it's rated M-for mature, but I know lots of people that watch these shows, of course there cartoons, but what I don't like about this show it has swear words through the entire show, and also they kill others, almost every episode, that is on south park, has violence, I have watched it when I was younger, because I was immature back then, but I know tons and tons of people that watch this rediculious show, I don't know what's the point, probably because it's all about humor, and those kids you see in the picture on that website that mazza has provided us with, well they offend lots of races!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • better not to watch it I think maybe...

Was it saids in the bible maybe something like.. in the last days people would become unfeeling and also people would be given over to a debased mind?
    their consciences also are not sensitive..
  • I dont think 'they' are at fault at all. I think that us Copts, who have been blessed with logic, should learn to properly discern between the secular and the religious.

There must be no limits on what can be attacked. We are not muslims who have as our central dogma ideas of submission and fearfulness, our philosophy must be one of transparency and level headedness.
  • hey, everyone would be curious to c this link i suggest u remove it and btw i'm holdin myself from doin it so oh c'mon

but oh well we can't stop them it's freedom what we call it..
  • Yeah we have that show here but i have never ever watched an episode but i have heard of it . I really want to see that clip but it probably is bad so i am trying to keep my mouse away from that link ! i have heard it makes fun of jews ! How horrible! May god forgive them ! was the clip really that bad ? Not cool they should like find something else simple that wont offnend any one or dont make any fun at all.

God bless
    luv
    mary
  • i removed the link- hope that eases things
  • thnx thnx thnx!!!!
  • I've seen the show as well. Our Lord is depicted as effeminate and has His own talkshow. Makes two little drawings in a Danish newspaper seem pretty trivial huh?
  • btw....coptic servant ..i think it is the same show...

but mazza...in my household...we are not allowed to watch it (do u stay up late enough to watch it)...and this way we will not be angry at any1...

also...the people that watch it are PROBABLY not christian anyway...becasue of how rude the show is...soooooooooo.....it isnt affecting the christians but the people that already think christianity is ridiculous....

i know this is probably not true...but think of it that way...it becomes more easier to digest ;)
  • as if id watch something like that :-\ :-\ no way dude

it was all over the papers...

i h8 that show- if i watch it, it means that im basically accepting their ridiculous religious brainwashing shows

come on man--- i love jesus, i dont ridicule him
  • [quote author=mazza link=board=11;threadid=3322;start=0#msg49321 date=1141522528]
    as if id watch something like that :-\ :-\ no way dude

it was all over the papers...

i h8 that show- if i watch it, it means that im basically accepting their ridiculous religious brainwashing shows

come on man--- i love jesus, i dont ridicule him

sorry bout that mazza its just that i didnt see it all over the papers like u said dats all...sorry once again :-X
  • [quote author=why link=board=11;threadid=3322;start=0#msg49306 date=1141510055]
    btw....coptic servant ..i think it is the same show...

It is why, mazza is from someplace far from me, so I wanted to explain to her that there is the same show here too! I just thought you all could figure that out!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • mazza is from someplace far from me...

Australia isnt that far hahahhhaa :P
  • "Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers." (Psalm 1:1) Thus I prefer not to watch such shows.

I am sure that St. Mary is praying for their forgivenes cuz she is the Mother of mercy.

When I read the post I remembered the crucification and the Roman soldiers who mocked Jesus and crucified him then he prayed for their forgiveness because they did not know what they were doing.

Same thing here, those in the show do not know what they are doing so lets pray for them. I wanna point that they are not our enemies, they are lost sheep and we pray for their return to the herd.

Last but not least, this show is an example that freedom of speach doesn't always work for the good of the society and humanity.
  • [quote author=Coptic Servent link=board=11;threadid=3322;start=0#msg49333 date=1141536804]
    [quote author=why link=board=11;threadid=3322;start=0#msg49306 date=1141510055]
    btw....coptic servant ..i think it is the same show...

It is why, mazza is from someplace far from me, so I wanted to explain to her that there is the same show here too! I just thought you all could figure that out!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent

sorry bout that...im just really slow...and thats is so true athanasious...

in some way, this is a trial for all christians out there ...as we are being mocked!!
  • [quote author=AthanasiusTheApostolic link=board=11;threadid=3322;start=0#msg49355 date=1141620763]
    "Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers." (Psalm 1:1) Thus I prefer not to watch such shows.

I am sure that St. Mary is praying for their forgivenes cuz she is the Mother of mercy.

When I read the post I remembered the crucification and the Roman soldiers who mocked Jesus and crucified him then he prayed for their forgiveness because they did not know what they were doing.

Same thing here, those in the show do not know what they are doing so lets pray for them. I wanna point that they are not our enemies, they are lost sheep and we pray for their return to the herd.

Last but not least, this show is an example that freedom of speach doesn't always work for the good of the society and humanity.

beautiful---couldn't have said it any better
  • [quote author=mazza link=board=11;threadid=3322;start=15#msg49359 date=1141636910]
    [quote author=AthanasiusTheApostolic link=board=11;threadid=3322;start=0#msg49355 date=1141620763]
    "Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers." (Psalm 1:1) Thus I prefer not to watch such shows.

beautiful---couldn't have said it any better

I really couldn't have said it better, AthanasiusTheApostolic you really got into details that's what I like about what you said, you put it in format that anybody could understand, nice job, and it's alright why!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Yes, let's pray for the fools damning themselves and those they seduce with their "humor", but let's not fail to recognize who is really behind all this and who the intended target is. The Evil One rejoices when innocence is debauched and purity is defiled. Young hearts are apt to despair of God's goodness when all good is ridiculed and defiled. Our beloved Mother, the Virgin Mother of God, strikes most fear in the demons' hearts because here is one piece of creation undefiled by sin, one human heart free enough to love without qualification. Yes, pray for the perpetrators of this outrage, but recognize that only Satan could inspire such blasphemy.
  • That is really old. dont pay no mind to it. let God deal with them. I agree and find it egregious, but i feel its a sin to watch that stuff. thats my opinion. but yeah, the word religion has changed and some people take it to far.
  • i think that we should pray because we do not complain to court but rather we complain to our Lord and fast until he has mercey to hear us and reply to us and........our faith has been through many things that was even more horrible then south park. Besides ......St. Mary will deal with them.....and we just ask our Lord to forgive them.

Pray for them all who work evil against our Lord and faith