Artist Rendition

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
I was wondering about something, do you think it is ok to focus or worship as in look up to the picture of Our Lord Jesus Christ and you take that picture or cross even anywhere you go, because it is primarily or actually an artist rendition, meaning it was made out of the artist's imagination!
[coptic]Peace Be With You All[/coptic]

Forever,
Coptic Servent

Comments

• Coptic Servant, to answer your question you first have to clarify your stance. There is a HUGE difference between looking at a picture and worshipping it. You can look and admire the picture as much as you like, but you cannot worship a picture. That is what the pagans did except with idols and statues.
  • I don't necessarily mean worship like worship idols, I just didn't clarify the sentence very much, I couldn't find another word besides worship, I meant admire though!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • I think, CopticServent, that it depends on the picture. If it's an actual picture and doesn't contain any false things on it, then I think that it would be ok. I think that you can admire because you like it, but when you look at it and pray through God to it, its ok. That's just my opinion.
  • Thank you CopticChica21, does anybody else have anything to say about this topic?

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Ok I think I understand what you are saying. As in looking at a picture and liking how the artist portrayed a certain figure. That if fine, I believe there is nothing wrong with that. Sometimes I like looking a picture of Christ when I pray. Just looking straight into those eyes, its almost as if he's in front of me. Like that, its ok.

Hope I helped :D ;D
  • ok firstly,we are not WORSHIPING the picture....we are Worshiping the person in the picture (JESUS) and the picture is a symbol of his presence...

ok...let me ask you a question that will make you see the way....

ok...if that picture was burnt...does that mean that Your so called worshiper (or GOD) GONE????

nope!