Deacons

edited December 1969 in Introductions
hi everybody im thinking of running a deacons class within my church teaching the differnet duties and different roles that a deacon should play in their service. If everybody could pitch in and give all they know we can all benefit from this and ill pray that all the churchs start a program such as teaching the deacons there roles and duties/alhan thank you very much

brother in Christ
Isaac Awad

Comments

• Isaak,
    that's a great idea, but i would like to know which version of alhan recording you will use to teach.
    soon i will upload the ENGLIAH LITURGY that was recorded by Fr. Markos Ayoub from St. Mark's Church in Jersey City. That Liturgy was recorded last november with the new deacons and congergation responses. these responses were approved by H.H. POPE SHENOUDA and H.G. BISHOP DAVID. espacily the congergation responses which was recorded by a chorus of some of the deacons from around NJ and NY.
    and about the site u did for the response, i really don't like it. am sorry but lets leave teaching for the people who know's how ;).
    I really don't know if you use these ones in bergen but they are the most right ones today. it's still Fr. Dawood's choise ;D.
    and for the rites, i think it's a great idea to do that. and try to use the hymn library to save the texts. soon maybe will change it to text library not only hymns. and i might call up an old freind who just left for midical school. he taght rites last year for about 6 months. they were the best 6 months ever. we had alhan class and than rites for 2 days a week.
    any way, start this. it's a great idea.

By the way, [glow=red,2,300]We will have an alhan class tuesdays from 7:00 to 8:30 before Bible Study. All are welcomed to come to the Church of St. Mark Jersey City[/glow]
    Our great teacher will teach somthing new. (Steve Soliman, prayed in the Cathedral in the Nativity Feast with the khorus over there)
  • like i said, it was awsome. we did that last kiahk(04-05) and we learned a lot of alhan that i know are hard. including alleloia psalm 150 in kiahk. and we kept learning till easter nut on Weds after the afternoon liturgy which a lot of attended. we learned almos 80% of lent alhan last year. and actuily yesterday we're finishing the other 20%.
  • Hello Copticb137....i think it is a great idea.. Pray that God may help You
  • I think that that is a great idea, but make sure that you know for sure what you are going to be teaching. Prepare it out, read it to yourself, and organize it. Have your Father of Confession know so that he can highlight any points you will really want to focus on or something that is not right. Anyways, good luck and god bless you for your great effort.
  • That is a good idea. I know that you will be able to do it if you really want to.

Sleepy
  • hey guys heres the site for the deacon classes. We havnt really worked on it for a while, but it has the regular responses all text format and recorded:
    copticb137.tripod.com
    hope you benefit from it
  • i think girls should be allowed to go to these classes

please allow and invite them as this is information everyone needs to know!!!

kristina123