Television?

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
I think television has an effect on all of us, good and bad, even if you don't watch it, I think you may hear about it, like shows, episodes, movies, or even the channel in general, I watch some shows, disney channel, animal planet, full house, fresh prince, cosby show, and food network, that's all I watch, nothing else, I like commercials on television that talk about making the right decision, because being a Coptic Christian, I know I should make the right choice, like the above the influence commecial, verb-it's what you do, the disney channel commercials about talking with the stars about peer pressure, there was this actor, who is on Naturally, Sadie (if you watch this show he's Hal, Sadie's brother) he answered a question and said, "No, so get that out of my face" and he was serious!

Forever,
Coptic Servent

Comments

• i don't think tvs are bad at all bec. you can benifit alot from it..
    i think i did a topic about this before and i got some beautiful replies but i am really sorry i can't find it!

GBU
    sandra
  • i totally agree with sandra..u can benifit bec. for example disney channel u can't really benifit from it but it attracts u to watch it instead of anything else bad that u may think of!

and also they r stuff educational like science programs and stuf like that..u know what i mean?

take care
    mary
  • i don't know, because the things on disney channel movies and/or shows that might have nasty things on them like you know, making out, kissing. stuff like that, and i know that your all not going to learn that bad stuff from it, but it is disgusting to watch it knowing that our religion forbids us to do that stuff even though we are kids/teenagers which is very common to them (americans). and not just disney channel but there are other bad shows that have that stuff and makes ME want to rather watch a cartoon. i don't know if i am making much sense to you, but i just think that there are bad shows even that could come on disney (a kids channel) that are disgusting to watch. Do you get me ???
  • well..al lof those shows r rated PG and G..bec. they know that all diff. ages watch that stuff..and i know what u r talking about..when u said americans kids or teenagers are diff. but if they made a movie for egyptians kids and teenagers it have to be like rated A or something!

GBU
    sandra
  • I really think we shouldn't just judge one particular channel, egyptians have movies that has a lot of those things that you mentioned egyptionorthobeaut, and if it is common in america we become very attached to their habitat and their environment, so I have been in america longer than I have stayed in Egypt, so I became attached to the environment here and started to speak their language and sometimes act like they act, as if another race came to Egypt and stayed there for a couple of years, of course he/she would probably start to speak our language because he/she was used to the environment around him, and disney channel isn't a child channel because it contains maturer sitcoms/shows/movies, that children are not aloud to watch, but there is playhouse disney in the morning, and other channels like nickelodeon--spongebob (COOL SHOW) in the morning they have nickjr! I think we should start talking about average children, ok, I mean we can't just pick on or judge a specific or particular age like kids or teens, I think we need to use the word average because I think some might do that, and some might not, do you understand what I mean?

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • you know what...we were talking about this is youth meeting and my friend really hates watching the news more than anything else....

the reason for this is that becasue the news is biased...to ellaborate, once the news reports something, it immediately changes the nations views on something....

this means that the news is slowly incorporating in our mind what is right and wrong (our morals)...

eg....ok something very, very simple.....ok if the news tells of say..um how the council is ripping off pensioners..and it has like a 30 min report bringing everyone that agrees...well, it is likely that every1 that watches the report will hate the council...

this is molding what we believe in...

ok my point....

well news doesnt always go along with the bible....

i hope u understand from my last statement...
  • this is quite a contreversial topic- i had to do a debate on this at school and i was FOR- tv was good heehehhe

anyway
    we came to the conclusion that nowdays, tv is full of violence, sexual immoraltiy etc but- we know what is right and what is wrong, we know the shows that promote violence and we know the shows that promote lust- however, there are some shows that provide some help eg. touched by an angel (amazing show), dr. phill hehehe u know shows like that

thats my 2 cents :P
  • well sandrahanna, i see where you are going with this but you must understand that i am not saying just to judge the whole channel. i mean i don't mean, if there is a show with a little kissing in, turn it off, i mean there are those things on little kids shows now. i am just saying that some shows go toooooo far. and that we shouldn't watch it. there are good shows and there are bad shows (like how i voted). so, my point is that the shows that go to far are shows we shouldn't watch, i mean why would you want to watch people do "all that" if it is that bad, you know? and there are good shows like disney channel shows that might have kissing or making out in them, but they are still good shows. do get what i am saying, because i don't think i am doing a good job explaining what i mean
  • i see where you are going with this coptic servent, but i came to america when i was 4 yrs. old and i am 15 now, so i am used to most of everything they have here too because i have been here for 11 yrs. now. i speak there language too. but i have a question for you, can you be a little more specific with when you said you sometimes act like they act. i probably watch the same shows you watch but not really bad ones that i shouldn't watch, do get where i'm going with this????
  • I understand where you are going with this why, mazza, MarMar91 and egyptionorthobeaut, First of all as you said why--well news doesnt always go along with the bible....and that is correct it doesn't, Second of all as you said mazza--however, there are some shows that provide some help eg. touched by an angel (amazing show) that tis very true, but I have never heard of that show before, Third of all what you said MarMar91--it can have a positive or negaive effect, exactly what I said before, it can have a + and - effect on both parents and children, Fourth of all as you said egyptionorthobeaut--

i see where you are going with this coptic servent, but i came to america when i was 4 yrs. old and i am 15 now, so i am used to most of everything they have here too because i have been here for 11 yrs. now. i speak there language too. but i have a question for you, can you be a little more specific with when you said you sometimes act like they act. i probably watch the same shows you watch but not really bad ones that i shouldn't watch, do get where i'm going with this????

I have been here for 8 years and I came here when I was 6 yrs old, when I meant "you sometimes act like they act" by the environment around you, you will start to act like they act, as in you begin to start acting--like "whatev" when girls say that, our you might even become part of them! Hope you understand what I mean!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • well think about this... could God be with you when you're watching the tv show/movie? If you won't embarressed, then i guess you would be able to watch it...
  • [quote author=egyptionorthobeaut link=board=11;threadid=3084;start=0#msg46167 date=1137963367]
    well sandrahanna, i see where you are going with this but you must understand that i am not saying just to judge the whole channel. i mean i don't mean, if there is a show with a little kissing in, turn it off, i mean there are those things on little kids shows now. i am just saying that some shows go toooooo far. and that we shouldn't watch it. there are good shows and there are bad shows (like how i voted). so, my point is that the shows that go to far are shows we shouldn't watch, i mean why would you want to watch people do "all that" if it is that bad, you know? and there are good shows like disney channel shows that might have kissing or making out in them, but they are still good shows. do get what i am saying, because i don't think i am doing a good job explaining what i mean

ya ya i got u mean..if a situation like that happened that when u r watching TV and there was a part thats like bad or something i just change..and also someone said before that arabic channels have even stuff worse than the american channels gets and i totally agree with this!!!and also i am not judging the channels as someone said before..sorry if anyoone got me wrong or if i confused anyone!

GBU
    sandra

• well, we all said our oppinions and i am sorry as sandrahanna said, i am sorry too if anyone missunderstood me. and Coptic Servent, i get what you are saying. i hope everyone understands me and i really do respect your opinions on this topic.

God Bless