How Come?

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
How come the Ressurection of God is on a different day every year? Please answer therally, and please if you can give me quotes that talk about this!

Forever,
Coptic Servent

Comments

• briefly

The easter date is calculated by determining the first sunday after the first ecclesiastic Full Moon after march 22 on the julian calendar. (simply 16 Baramhat)

[right](The julian calendar is the old calendar, it will fall on april 4th on the gregorian (current) calendar until 2100) (after that it will become april 5th and then april 6th on 2228) (add a day every 128 years)[/right]

the day of the ecclesiastic Full Moon repeats on a cycle every 19 years. The date of easter is also a cycle that repeats every 532 years.

correct me if I'm wrong

you can find a lot of information about how it is calculated if you look it up
  • there's a whole calculation for it as a_deacon said, but keep also in mind that we celebrate easter AFTER the jews have their passover.

Obviously Christ IS our pascha, and also Christ instuted the new covenant on Thursday after the jewish pascha.

1 Corinthians 5:7
    For even Christ, our Passover, is sacrificed for us.
  • Thank you a_deacon and Hos Erof, but I can't understand that well, can you please answer therally?

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • can you please answer therally?

what does that mean? (therally) ???
  • Therally meaning to explain it smoothly, like with words we all understand and numbers that we can read, like if your writing an equation there has to be a solution! Hope I helped a little!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Easter is the first sunday, after the full moon, after april 4th.

(we do not base on the real moon, we calculate it)
  • Oh, thank you very much a_deacon I understand now!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent