Few quistions

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
1.what do u guys think of leonardo Da Vinci.
2.wut would u say when people say they hate the bible and that they dont belive it because it was written by man.
3.was the bible ever changed in history. Is it true some things were added or taken out, and is there a diffrence between a coptic or protestant or catholic bible.

sorry for all the quistions.

Comments

• 1. hmm id have to really study da vinci to give an opinion on him, even though i dont have that right to begin with.

2. the Bible was not written by man

3. the bible was never changed in history. of course certain translations differ but overall meaning has ALWAYS remained the same. most of the old testament comes from the Torah, which is very accurate (Old Testament -wise)
    the new testament is even more accurate, it was handed down to us from those who originally held it, our fathers the saints and apostles. there is no such thing as a "coptic" or a "protestant" and a "catholic" Bible. The Bible is the Bible. However, there are certain books in the old testament that the protestant took out when they published the bible.

no problem about the questions, hope i helped.
  • 2. ok if u HATE the bible becasue of the Author and not whats in it....then u DONT really care for the words of the bible or the bible for that matter...they werent getting anywhere anyway!!

• I'm sorry to have to say this, but there is another thread on the davinci code, and there's a lot of information, hope I helped:
    http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=2761;start=msg42476#msg42476

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • CopticServent this is not about the davinci code. Leonardo DaVinci was an artist during the reniassance along with Michaelangelo and Raphael...
  • I'm sorry I read it wrong, thank you Christ4Life, I like some of Lenardo DiVinci's pictures, I get Lenardo DiVinci and Van Goe mixed up a lot! I'm impressed on what he drew! My reply for the 2nd question you really can't judge a book if you don't like the Author, as they say: "You can't judge a book by it's cover" I did not make this saying up, it's true, and I certainly benefited a lot from it, for the 3rd question, it's wasn't changed literally, but it was rewritten in the form of the current year!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • 3. When the Bible was being handed down, the fabric or matierial it was written on became old and started to detiorate. So, people had to re-copy the bible for preservation. Everytime the re-copiers came accross the word GOD they would go and wash up and shower because they knew they were dealng with with the word of God. Also, after they would finish a chapter, they would add up all the letters and find the middle letter. If it did not match up with the original text, they would throw it out and start all over, no matter how long it took to re-copy. (This information was from a well known Abouna in NJ)

• Wow, I never knew that, thank you godhelpme3691, I certainly benefited a lot from it, Thank you for that!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • [quote author=godhelpme3691 link=board=11;threadid=3039;start=0#msg46039 date=1137728857]
    3. When the Bible was being handed down, the fabric or matierial it was written on became old and started to detiorate. So, people had to re-copy the bible for preservation. Everytime the re-copiers came accross the word GOD they would go and wash up and shower because they knew they were dealng with with the word of God. Also, after they would finish a chapter, they would add up all the letters and find the middle letter. If it did not match up with the original text, they would throw it out and start all over, no matter how long it took to re-copy. (This information was from a well known Abouna in NJ)

wow very determined people!!!

• Yaeh, they were really determined. :) And they were benedictins! :D Love 'em. ;)

1. What do I think of Maestro? One word: genius.

2. I would say: 'Ya' know, you can not believe in what Bible says, but you'll see after getting dead who was right... Of course men wrote it! Have you seen a book wrote by something/somebody (f.e. God Himself) else than a human?... And your hate is the same irrational, like if you hated 'Winnie the Pooh'. Nonsense.'

3. In english we call it 'Bible' - and ot suggest us, like it is a one book. But in greek - and the same in polish, my beautiful language ;) - there is 'Biblia' - and it means 'books'. It is plural. So... Some say, that the particular texts were changed - but they have no proof. But it's true, that protestants have less books than catholics and orthodox christians.
  • [quote author=kacerz_Marek link=board=11;threadid=3039;start=0#msg46310 date=1138153106]

Yaeh, they were really determined. :) And they were benedictins! :D Love 'em. ;)

1. What do I think of Maestro? One word: genius.

2. I would say: 'Ya' know, you can not believe in what Bible says, but you'll see after getting dead who was right... Of course men wrote it! Have you seen a book wrote by something/somebody (f.e. God Himself) else than a human?... And your hate is the same irrational, like if you hated 'Winnie the Pooh'. Nonsense.'

3. In english we call it 'Bible' - and ot suggest us, like it is a one book. But in greek - and the same in polish, my beautiful language ;) - there is 'Biblia' - and it means 'books'. It is plural. So... Some say, that the particular texts were changed - but they have no proof. But it's true, that protestants have less books than catholics and orthodox christians.

whats benedictins??

• wow this is a really kewl topic

GBU,

p4m

• 1cross3nails4given,

benedictines are western christianity monks. Something about this order:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_Saint_Benedict
  • ok thanks alot for that!!