Luck???

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Hey all...i have no idea if this has been asked before... but wat exactly is luck and is there such thing as it or do we believe in it? because i remember hearing from a sunday school teacher that there is no such thing as luck...can anyone explain this to me???

God Bless
Coptic21

Comments

• its really simple..there is NO such thing as luck, and also we christians DON"T believe in it!
    GBU
    sandra
  • more detail...????
  • Um, the word "luck" is kinda vague anyway..what type of luck are you speaking of? I mean, I think wearing the cross is for good luck as well..
  • No...wearing the cross is not for good luck...its for protection!!! n the luck that i'm talking about is like saying "wow that person is so lucky...they won the lottery.." or saying... "that person didn't study for the exam...yet they did really well...they're so lucky.."
    i mean personally for me...everytime someone says to me "good luck.." i'll just tell them... there is no such thing as luck...but u can wish me all the best....
    so wat is this luck???
  • I think it depends on the way you say it, it's not really luck, it's God's help for us, luck is a word as saying wish, wish if you use it as, "come on, wish on your birthday candles" it's just a wish, maybe we believe in it, but we really need to believe in ourselves and maybe luck is just luck, and as ServantOfJesus said, "I think wearing the cross is for good luck" yes that is true, and as Coptic21 said, "No, wearing the cross is not for good luck, it's for protection" that is also true, but you can look at it in different ways, I truely believe that wearing a cross necklace and having a cross on my hand is showing me that I am surrounded by angels and the mighty and grateful Lord, I believe that luck is just for fun or even physical and mental saying, we say at all the time, like in jealousy, some people would rather not be jealous of someone and say it, they would say it in their mind (mentally) and if they express it physically, as in an example, "Oh, wow you had luck on that exam/test" I forgot something very important that I would like to share, a 4-leaf clover--people believe that 4-leaf clovers bring you luck, and even some people believe in a shooting star as luck, luck is expressed in many ways, as I said before physically and mentally! Hope that helped!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • hmmm....so luck is just a word...it doesn't exist!!!
  • yupp, God controls every single aspect on this earth.
  • [quote author=Coptic21 link=board=11;threadid=2941;start=0#msg44859 date=1135569487]
    No...wearing the cross is not for good luck...its for protection!!! n the luck that i'm talking about is like saying "wow that person is so lucky...they won the lottery.." or saying... "that person didn't study for the exam...yet they did really well...they're so lucky.."
    i mean personally for me...everytime someone says to me "good luck.." i'll just tell them... there is no such thing as luck...but u can wish me all the best....
    so wat is this luck???

Define luck..protection can be synanmous with luck..that's why I said it was a vague word..
  • hmmm....so luck is just a word...it doesn't exist!!!

close to it yea, so we actually get the meaning wrong.

like ppl can say 'this person is lucky he's still alive'

or i might say lucky me i have a family and a home and i can live in peace

in these cases it's like saying that u are in a better situation than others who suffer. rit?

• There is no such thing as luck. I think that when we, as Christians say it, we mean like God is our luck. There is NO such thing as luck becuase we don't believe in any superstition or anything. I agree with CopticServent. It does sometimes depend on how we say it.

love lots,
    CopticChica21