Coptic Jeopardy

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Hi, I would like to start Coptic Jeopardy, but the best part of this is we can have as many contestants as possible, for you who don't know what I am talking about or have never heard of Jeopardy before, you can have as many topics as you want, and the point values for Coptic Jeopardy is 100-800 points, you can pick any topic you like and any point value under the topic, the response you are supposed to say when you answer is, "what is..." when you pick a specific point value you get the answer, and you have to say the question that's why the response is "what is...", if you still don't understand, maybe when we start you will understand! The following are the topics of Coptic Jeopardy- Coptic History, Verses from the Bible, Saints, Hymns, Bible Stories, Fruit of the Spirit, Miscellaneous, would anyone like to start us off by ont of the topics?

Forever,
Coptic Servent

Comments

• yea sure y not. Ok well, lets do topics like holy week, entry into jerusalem, nativity, stuff like that
  • Actually egydave, I'm so sorry, but do you want to do these, because I already got the answers for these topics: The following are the topics of Coptic Jeopardy: Coptic History, Verses from the Bible, Saints, Hymns, Bible Stories, Fruit of the Spirit, Miscellaneous, I am so sorry, I hope everyone is ok with this though, and the point values are from 100 points-800 points! And I hope this goes well, egydave you can start us off, when at least 5-9 people want to play as well! Thank you again, and I'm sorry!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Actually, I'm sorry again CopticChris, but we already have the topics and everything ready, I'm really sorry and also because I don't like downloading stuff that I'm not used to downloading and I hope we can start, would anybody like to pick a topic for us and the point value? I'm very sorry, if you thought that I was judging you in anyway! :'(

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • what does Jeopardy mean?
  • Coptic Jeopardy
  • Hi Mikhail, the definition is different than the game, after doing some research on that word, it might danger, but the word Jeopardy the way it is used as a game, is like a competition, also it truely depends on the way you use it! Hope you understood!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Would anyone like to start us off please, if you can see the picture that I have sent, you choose a topic and the point value, after you have chosen the point value, I will ask a question about the topic, Hope everyone will like this game and start to understand how it is played if you haven't played or watched the show or doesn't have access to american dish or comcast (a type of cable)!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Please can anyone start this? Please, and I was wondering if anyone was mad at me, not that it is important to anyone who isn't, but PLEASE can we start this?

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • ok Saints...200...is that the right thing to say??
  • Yes it is, thank you so much why, ok this saint has sacrificed her role as a princess to becoming a monk, none of the bishops have known she was a monk until one of her fellow that was with her the entire way from since the time a man took her to eat still believeing she is a male!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • the man ate her..sorrycan you make it a little bit clearer...or is that all i get...n what happens if i get it wrong??
  • oh and can i get other sources to help me??
  • [quote author=why link=board=11;threadid=2940;start=0#msg45331 date=1136526820]
    the man ate her..sorrycan you make it a little bit clearer...or is that all i get...n what happens if i get it wrong??

Sorry, ya he took her to eat with him in his little cell where he sleeps and eats and lives, and you can use 3 lifelines, but make sure they are appropriate and the lifelines are:
    *-*1) http://www.tasbeha.org--you can ask anyone, but make sure to add that person's post or name into your response
    *-*2) 50/50--you can ask me to have 4 answers and take away 2
    *-*3) You can ask me whatever is needed to help you, but you can not ask for the answer!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • ooh bery sorry guys...ot took me a while to work this out ...but can i use a life line....

um..lol..

can i have 50/50 please...

lock that in!!
  • St Youstina?

I think this saint was in the synaxarium ? not too long ago
  • umm really sorry mike...but hate to break it to u...but did u read the first post...

the question was targeted for me...but nw...i change the life line...seing my other one isnt in to play...

i would like to ask a member of tasbeha.org....and that is MIKEFORJESUS...can u answer that for me please....

but if u r tallking bout st youstina and kebrianos the magician...i know that u would be wrong!!

so..yer Mike can u answer that for me please!! ;D
  • If its not St Youstina I may not be able to remember now... but I think someone wanted to marry this saint and she went to the desert dressed in male clothing maybe and spoke to a father I think maybe and this father put her in a cave maybe where she would pray I think and the father ? got someone to fill a pot with water or something and leave it outside her cave?

Can I try to find out what her name is from the synexarium ? ?
  • well mike ..this is what i am thinking...it si either..St.amrina or St illaria....those are the two monks that pop into my head....
  • Yes, you can use one of your lifelines, and mikeforjesus, the story of St. Youstina and Kyprianos the magician is in my Rose Garden Magazine thread, and I gave the site for the synaxarium! why, you can take as much time as you want, but you at least got 1 day to choose from your 2 saints!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • mike...can u help me out here...??ok i choose...ST illaria....dun dun dun...am i correct..

what happens if i get it wrong??? :-X
  • If you get it wrong I subtract your score,
    ><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    ><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
    <><><><><><><><>YES THAT IS CORRECT<><><><><><><>
    CONGRATULATIONS-200 points, why you pick whatever topic, and anyone can answer it or use a lifeline!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • ok im feeling really good here..i will take um...bible stories 600 PLEASE!! ;D
  • Al kedeesa elariya, who pretended to be the monk elari?
  • sorry im a bit behind the times with my last post.
  • That is correct also josephgabriel, but you have to do it quicker than the other contestants, why, the question is, what is moses' mother's name? (HINT:you may want to look in Exodus) btw anyone can answer it, whoever does recieves the 600 points!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Then I'll take the honor of answering ;D. Moses and Aaron's mother's name was Jochebed. From Exodus 6:20.
  • That is correct Christ4Life-600 points, you choose which topic you would like now!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • I'll do Bible Stories 700.
  • Ok, Christ4Life, because this is in the 700's, this will be a matter of difficulty-or intermediate, because it is near the 800's, the question will have 3 parts to it, there are 10 commandments and 10 plagues, you will have to name 5 commandments and 5 plagues, here comes the hard part, you can't use the Bible! GOOD LUCK!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent