Howdy, Stranger!
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Categories
- All Categories 13.8K
- General Category 10.9K
- General Announcements 184
- Faith Issues 3.4K
- Coptic Orthodox Church 2.5K
- Personal Issues 1.4K
- Prayer Requests 426
- Random Issues 1.8K
- Introductions 295
- Non-Orthodox Inquiries 232
- Youth Corner 606
- Hymns 2.6K
- Hymns Discussion 2.6K
- Technicial Difficulties 368
- Technical Topics 368
True good monk and soccer
Do you think monks would play soccer well or even participate much since it doesnt seem to me they would have the desire to prove themselves and it seems they might kick the ball a few times but not much participation after that..
I ask this question I think because thats how I am... maybe im lazy but even still would it be right to want to show off the whole time?
Or is competition sometimes good? but I think it would lead to pride and possibly anger?
I ask this question I think because thats how I am... maybe im lazy but even still would it be right to want to show off the whole time?
Or is competition sometimes good? but I think it would lead to pride and possibly anger?


Comments
yes competition can get ppl becoming self-indulged and proud, but like KBibo8 said, monks and priests tend to compete in sports in an attempt to develop a relationship with their church's youth. It is pathetic to think they are competing in hopes of becoming the center of attention.
Priests and monks simply play as a means of sharing Christian fellowship with their youth b/c they know that it is imperative for youth to feel a sense of belonging in their Church community from a young age because they will eventually define the future of the Orthodox Church; the youth need to feel a sense of belonging in the church early on in life in order for them to trust and defend their church community in the future.
NOP+
Youstina S