Who was Cain's wife?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Exactly my question. Eve only had Cain, Abel, and Seth as far as Genesis goes.

Comments

• Christ4Life,
    Good question, actually Adam did not just have Cain, Able and Seth, but he had many other offsprings, sons and daughters as mentioned in Genesis 5 i:5

1: This is the book of the generations of Adam. When God created man, he made him in the likeness of God.
    2: Male and female he created them, and he blessed them and named them Man when they were created.
    3: When Adam had lived a hundred and thirty years, he became the father of a son in his own likeness, after his image, and named him Seth.
    4: The days of Adam after he became the father of Seth were eight hundred years; and he had other sons and daughters.
    5: Thus all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years; and he died.

Without a doubt, the wife of Cain was one of his sister!!!!!
  • Without a doubt, the wife of Cain was one of his sister!!!!!

not necessarely, Adam lived for 930 years lol, so lets say when Adam was 400 years old there were loads of people around from many generations, and all these people had kids themselves, so basicaly Cain could have married one of his cousins, rite??
  • Hos Erof,
    I agree with you, it is a better proposal than mine one's!!!!
  • Well in Genesis Cain gets married before Adam and Eve have all the children, so maybe it isn't in sequencial order?
  • Christ4Life,

Not because it was mentioned about Adam’s others sons and daughters in chapter 5 of Genesis, that we conclude that Cain got married before, ( mentioned in chapter 4 ).

Chapter 5 of the Book of Genesis is the conclusion of the life of the first 8 or 9 of the men of Old Testement.
  • [quote author=Safaa link=board=1;threadid=2862;start=0#msg44062 date=1134076780]
    Hos Erof,
    I agree with you, it is a better proposal than mine one's!!!!

lol love the coptic addition
  • hey, so why they didn't mention the wives' names? that really does annoy me...

GBU
  • The Bible is a spiritual book not a historical one. There are many specific details that are not mentioned, because they would distract us from the main point that God wants us to reach. The thing I am most curious to know that is not mentioned in the Bible is actually Christ's childhood. We are given a few stories specifically designed to teach us something. However outside of the day of His circumcision, the time He went to the temple when He was 12, and the wedding of Canaa of Galilee (not really childhood, but pre-missionary or before He was 30 years old), we do not know much about His life. Church tradition tells us that He was a humble carpenter, but more than that there is very little that we do know.
  • The Bible is a spiritual book not a historical one.

it's both with an emphasis on being spiritual...but it's both because if we say that it's not a historical one...some people are going to think that the stories in the bible never happened..but in fact they did.
  • Point well taken. I should have said that better.
  • The thing I am most curious to know that is not mentioned in the Bible is actually Christ's childhood. We are given a few stories specifically designed to teach us something. However outside of the day of His circumcision, the time He went to the temple when He was 12, and the wedding of Canaa of Galilee (not really childhood, but pre-missionary or before He was 30 years old), we do not know much about His life. Church tradition tells us that He was a humble carpenter, but more than that there is very little that we do know.

yea it's important and i really want to know y that wasn't mentioned?
  • Because the disciples thought that it would be preferred to write the words of Jesus than concentrate on His life...more emphasis on spiritual words than on history as explained above.
  • they'd hv written all so why?
  • that's something to ask them ;D
  • they could have written it all, but i think St John answers this quite nicely in the end of his Gospel:

John 21:25
    And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.