~LUKE~

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
hello every1,

i wanted to ask about a couple of things:

how did we know that st.Luke (one of the diciples) was a doctor?

also i heard that he was a gentile (non-jewish) is that right?

if yes/no how did we know?

thnx

Comments

• Yes your informatins are right!!

Church’s Traditions were handed down from the time of the Holy Apostles to the Apostolic Churches.
  • but how do we know that these traditions which we know are the right ones?
  • because they were passed down from the disciples...especially St. Mark...when he came to Egypt, he taught everything that Jesus did and said and passed that one until now...The Coptic church is one of the few Christian Churches that have an emphasis on tradition
  • mnc_hnn,
    The Holy tradition is absolutely true as Marianne87 elaborated.

Also, in the Book of Colossians, chapter 4, you read the following:

10: Aristar'chus my fellow prisoner greets you, and Mark the cousin of Barnabas (concerning whom you have received instructions -- if he comes to you, receive him),
    11: and Jesus who is called Justus. These are the only men of the circumcision among my fellow workers for the kingdom of God, and they have been a comfort to me.
    12: Ep'aphras, who is one of yourselves, a servant of Christ Jesus, greets you, always remembering you earnestly in his prayers, that you may stand mature and fully assured in all the will of God.
    13: For I bear him witness that he has worked hard for you and for those in La-odice'a and in Hi-erap'olis.
    14: Luke the beloved physician and Demas greet you.

So you can find from reading the above passage that St. Paul mentioned that St. Luke was:

1- Physician
    2- St. Luke was not one of the men of circumcision, ( he was not Jew, meaning he was Gentile. )
  • oh thanks a lot Safaa GBU :)
  • No, there is no verse for that!!!!
    But there is an Icon of the St. Virgin Mary in one of the monastery of the nuns in Egypt, had been drawn by him.
  • yea i've seen that icon :)