Hair as a Covering

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Refer to 1 Corintihans 11 to get informed if you aren't aquaited with this passage:

13 Judge among yourselves. Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? 14 Does not even nature itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a dishonor to him? 15 But if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her; for her hair is given to her for a covering. 16 But if anyone seems to be contentious, we have no such custom, nor do the churches of God.

It says that long hair can be a covering for a girl... does that mean that if you are a girl with long hair you don't have to wear an esharb.

Because I never wear it when I read the Bible, but i do in church.. but i hate wearing it because it distracts me because it is so bothering, it either keeps falling off and I have to readjust it every minute, or if you tie it around your neck, u choke!

So its so distracting and uncomfortable.. so can ong hair be a replacement? What then does St. Paul mean here?

Comments

• marmar when St. Paul says a covering, he means covering your head. but you need an asharb to cover your hair, as it is your crown. well i have more trouble in church then i do at home with it.
  • marmar91 u don't tie the asharb until u choke just tie it alittle bit..and we have to wear an asharb when we r reading the bible as christ4life said bec our hair is our crown and we r readiing the bible we have to respect it and let it be our crown!

also there is something i don't get here..when st.paul said cover ur head..does that mean like cover ur whole head like ur face too?

GBU
    sandra
  • i'm so glad i'm a guy, jk ;D :P
  • I'm glad I'm not...:P
  • marmar, the point isnt that the asharb covers your hair, but the fact that you are doing your best to cover your crown. i love the parts where the hymns are said in arabic because i love the way it sounds :P... you know what bring a kholagi with you and read the translation so that its not a distraction. my asharb falls off at least 1000000 times in an hour but we must put up with it, sorry.

sandrahanna, your face is not a crown, in this case guys would also have to wear asharbs, and that does not happen.
  • is that can hair be cosidered a covering.. because he says long hair is a glory to her AS A COVERING....

It says that long hair can be a covering for a girl... does that mean that if you are a girl with long hair you don't have to wear an esharb.

the opposite lol if u don wanna wear esharb u cut ur hair off, i asked an abouna BTW, he (abouna) said tht this is y like nuns (i'm talking about da 1s in egypt) cut their hair off, i didnt no that before though...

• [quote author=sandrahanna link=board=11;threadid=2855;start=0#msg44044 date=1134054842]
    marmar91 u don't tie the asharb until u choke just tie it alittle bit..and we have to wear an asharb when we r reading the bible as christ4life said bec our hair is our crown and we r readiing the bible we have to respect it and let it be our crown!

GBU
    sandra

yeah.. this may be a stupid question.. but its been bugging me.
    Ok; so if I go 2 a christian school, does that mean I have to wear an asharb when we pray and read the bible too.. that's too much for me!! :-\

GB all!
    Laura
  • I go to a Catholic school and we pray in the begiining of class too... but maybe thats what St. PAUL means when he says ur hair is a covering,,,, like when u dont have access to an esharb...

ofcourse, coz d u think that poor ppl or a person who doesnt hv clothes or esharb, that does it affect whether God will listen to her prayers or not?...
  • they dont shave it completly i mean they just cut it so it's as short as men's...
  • y never mind?
  • i don't think that includes ur hair bec i don't think we wear our hair!

GBU
    sandra
  • [quote author=MarMar91 link=board=11;threadid=2855;start=15#msg44354 date=1134446816]
    but in leviticus, it says tha a women shouldnt be dressed like a man.. i think that includes hair...o well, never mind...

Leviticus also has it so that a sinner immediately dies or is stoned to death..we don't completely follow the Old Testament.
  • You dont have to cut your hair or anything like that. Just master the art od typing cloth around your head without choking yourself. lol.

You can also bring your own cloth to church, one that is confortable to you, so you won't be of discomfort.
  • your hair is definitely a blessing, its a crown!!
    and you have to cover it but only before God, because who are we to stand in front of God with a crown on our heads? if God wanted us to cover it all the time, we would have never received it to begin with right?
  • yuppp.... its our glory before anybody other than God...