God- Your Only Portion and Desire

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hi everyone... I'm kinda having this dilemma...

I'm reading one of the pope's books about how you should concentrate on God, and only God. How he should be your only care and desire in life. How he should be all that you pray for, and all your heart asks for. But don't some things prevent us from this?

What I mean is, like say you go to shcool, you have to concentrate on that, you don't have much of a choice. Your friends. You also concentrate on them, and give them love. But when you concentrate on these other things, does it mean you're taking away from love to God? Is it wrong to care about these other things? I want to hear all of your answers, because the more I read in this book, the more my stomach starts to knot out of guilt...

May God be with you all

Comments

• Im having the same problem...
    but when you have a good relationship with God naturally your relationship with others is good too I think... its Gods work in us rather than forcing ourselves to think about others?

I dont know... but this comes from someone who is mute most of the time in public...
    doesnt mean im praying either..

Editing this because It looks like a dumb and wrong answer

Peace
  • no, MarMar what I meant is that is it wrong to want to keep what you do have...