conundrum

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
hello.... i wish to know your opinions on this issue: what do u think of one couple (supposedly) married muslims...who say they will name their son who will be born in february by the name of "Jesus"..???

Comments

• emmm i haven't heard about that eva be4 really ???
  • Dear Jeannie,
    Are you by any chance getting married soon, well if you are CONGRATULATIONS, but as I am, thinking about what naming a son Jesus, I think it is wrong, because, we can't of course take our Lord's name, with a human being, but you can name him after like a saints name, which is a blessing, that's all I would like to say, and I agree with Monica, I haven't heard about that idea before! I think you should ask your Father of Confession, or the priest at your church!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Why would Muslim's name their son Jesus. This makes no sense. It's like Christians namin their son Mohammed. WHY??
  • that is so wierd who or where did u hear it about it
  • exactly... what, there arent enough names in the world? its just ridiculous
  • Mexican people use Jesus as a name all the time.......Its common to that race.....
  • Dear Conqueror,
    Mexicans believe in God though, they have pictures of Jesus and Saint Mary, they have necklaces of Saint Mary, I mean that's common to Coptic Christian! Just had to say that!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • well i still believe its wrong because lets say you name someone after a saint, you are hoping for them to be, lets say, as holy as them. how on earth can you name them after Lord and SAVIOUR, Jesus CHRIST?? its just plain wrong, even for us christians... sry if i offended anyone...
  • if u know wat jesus mean? i know but in arabic it's like joshua as well so the israelites' ppl had that name and that's y the Christ was named like it and also the word Christ is said 2 those kings in the old testament it means the annointed 1? so!
  • Exactly. You have just said it yourself. The Isralites and the Old Testament. BEFORE Christ had lightened the earth with his feet. Before his birth and his death, not after.
  • Muslims think Jesus is a prophet I think so it is like Christians calling their son Isaiah, Jeremiah, David, or John the Baptist etc
    But of course He is more than that He is the very LORD of Hosts Himself the LORD God Almighty King and Saviour

hahaha
  • Muslims try to do that here in EGYPT, and they won't find a baby to name! ;D ;D

Very strange...how can that happen?

Oh well....whatever...as we say in Egypt here "eshna we shoofna" ;D ;D

It seems like they're "Neo-Muslims" like the new age freaks that call themselves Christians...

In HIS Name,

RFZ
  • But it's normal for them to be called "Ieesa", the Muslim's name for the "Prophet" Jesus (Glory be to his Name)...

In HIS Name,

RFZ
  • [quote author=jeannie link=board=11;threadid=2640;start=0#msg40789 date=1129741082]
    hello.... i wish to know your opinions on this issue: what do u think of one couple (supposedly) married muslims...who say they will name their son who will be born in february by the name of "Jesus"..???

sorry, that name is TAKEN!! how cud u name ur son, a name which means he will save his people??

how cud u do that... how... look at what this name means....
    copying it is just.. wow, i cannot even understand nor put into my mind why this wud be considered ok...
    guys who said that she is gonna name her son jesus...take it easy noone said that and no one said that she is gonna get married...
    but my opinion in that is this name is also in thier bible(muslims)!!!
    i know some people might think thats ridiculas...but there is no problem and if they see that wil be a problem they will change it!!!
    GBU
  • me too...

but there is no problem and if they see that wil be a problem they will change it!!!

how is naming your child Jesus not a problem???
    definitely is to me...
  • wat if u or your brother was named with a name like that and u can't change it?