Waiting

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Lets say something is happening in your life, but it doesn't involve you alone. It involves servral people with you. Can you wait a while before explaining all this to your FOC? By the way, I just switched my FOC so I really don't know him that well yet...

Comments

• well...u choose that FOC so...u don't have to wait for anything...u probably know him...
  • Yes, I did choose that FOC, but I don't know him that well.
  • well...know him from the first time!when u tell him that!
  • tell him any of ur problem and just don't start up with that one!
  • No. You don't get it. It doesn't involve just me. It involves servral other people. Anybody else want to help me out here?
  • Christ4Life, how would you reply if let's say I was in this situation? how would you reply to me...what would you say...and how would you say it!
  • Posted by: Christ4Life:
    No. You don't get it. It doesn't involve just me. It involves servral other people.

^EACH OF YOU ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE for whatever wrongdoings that you've done. Repent for YOUR OWN sins, dont worry about your friends. Focus on yourself because after all, confession involves self-reflection and willingness to remove a past sin from YOUR life....its all about spiritual revival...you dont need to wait for others in order for you to confess.

Who knows what tom may bring?? Dont wait any longer to confess...NEVER delay your confession b/c you never know when the next oppurtunity will come...and if the prob is because of your new FOC...well, i hope you realize that at some point, your going to have to confess to him...you might as well start now. There is a first time for everything ;)

Just repent and mention to your priest that it was a group involvement but you dont have to be specific about names (that shouldnt matter)

I hope i helped, take care
  • It's not more of a problem than it is a sin, really. I don't think I did anything wrong, its just something I'm involved in.
  • [quote author=Coptic Servent link=board=1;threadid=2513;start=0#msg39218 date=1127505018]
    Christ4Life, how would you reply if let's say I was in this situation? how would you reply to me...what would you say...and how would you say it!

I don't know what I would say to you...
  • well, just pretend you are doing a puzzle for example and you have one piece missing, are you going to look for it or are you just going to leave it like that?
  • Its different when its your problem than when its someone else's. How would you act?
  • Well, ofcourse it depends on the situation.

Once I was in such a situation like yours, Christ4life, and I decided not to tell this problem to our priest, because this girl was involved (my FOC was in Egypt). But when the father of the person involved found out that I knew something, but I hadn't told anybody, he got really mad at me and acted like it was all my fault.
    So I think you should mention this problem, whatever it is, to your FOC, because that's the only way he can give you the best advice.

just my 2 cents, GBU
  • But this is really serious, and it involves more than one person, and I promised both of them I wouldn't say anything....
  • You're the only one then who can make the decision: we are all outsiders and you seem mature enough to do the right thing :)

But it's hard, I know, Rabena ma3aki
  • Try praying about the situation. Ask God to strengthen you so you can follow the plan he has in store for you and your friends...maybe God is using you as a tool in this situation so that is why you are feeling this way. Continue to pray for yourself and for the others who are involved in this problem.

But i have a question, not to sound nosey or anything, but if you guys are involved in something and you are all deliberately hiding it from others, then doesnt that imply that you are doing something say shameful and therefore your commiting some kind of wrongdoing??

Sorry i just need a bit of clarification...so what you're doing....is that a sin, or is it just something thats too complicated but its not wrong?? Cuz if its a sin or something you've been taught not to do, then as i've said before, tell abouna asap...

Sorry if i sound like im prying...you need not answer the question if its too personal...take care
  • Its just something I happened to find out about...

Thanks you guys, all of you for replying. I've pretty much decided what I'm gonna do, so I'll be locking this....