a little unsure..

edited September 2005 in Youth Corner
hey guys, i have a problem.. yeah there is this kid in my class & he doesn't act his age, and everyone thinks he's weird so he's always sitting by himself at lunch... and I want 2 be nice and be a friend & go sit by him so he won't be alone at lunch everyday.. but i always seem to chicken out.

I'm just confused. How do I know this is what God wants me to do?
??? I don't want him to think that i like him like a crush because its sooo pathetic nowadays everyone thinks that..
I just feel so unsure.. i always think like what Jesus would've done in this situation.. he would be a friend 2 them.. but idk.. so what do you guys think :-\

pray 4 me,

laura

Comments

• [quote author=LauraInChrist link=board=13;threadid=2506;start=0#msg39058 date=1127248203]
    I'm just confused. How do I know this is what God wants me to do?
    ??? I don't want him to think that i like him like a crush because its sooo pathetic nowadays everyone thinks that..

I agree with you on that Laura...but if you really care that you want to sit with him, believe that you can accomplish and complete your life without chickening out...God is sending you this message...to him...and about the crush...it is pretty pathetic, and people are immatures who think that...and it's pretty ridiculious also...but if you want to go sit by him go ahead...just tell him straight out, "Can I sit here, and then start talking but don't let him think that you have a crush on him"...GOD BE WITH YOU!

[coptic]God Bless[/coptic]
  • what i meant with the age thing is.. he is kind of immature.. but he's nice. And it is really hard 4 me because my friends don't support me about this, they think i am crazy lol. And this is also like my 1st year at this school.. so yeah i guess i should keep praying about it and reading God's word hoping 4 an answer..

GBU,

laura
  • How do I know this is what God wants me to do?

well u just said the answer!it is!

i always think like what Jesus would've done in this situation.. he would be a friend 2 them..

I don't want him to think that i like him like a crush because its sooo pathetic nowadays everyone thinks that..

well yeah thats rit!watch out for that! ::)

what i meant with the age thing is.. he is kind of immature.. but he's nice. And it is really hard 4 me because my friends don't support me about this, they think i am crazy lol. And this is also like my 1st year at this school.. so yeah i guess i should keep praying about it and reading God's word hoping 4 an answer..

well thats all u have to do now!
  • Hi Laura,
    Well i think you should go up to that boy and say do you want to be my friend because i think God will want you to be his friend and i think you should say because i know you are all alone so do you want to be my friend and see what he says and if he says no than thats ok but i think he will say yes, but God will tell you if that is right.

God bless you all

Juliann
  • [quote author=Jewels33 link=board=13;threadid=2506;start=0#msg39080 date=1127261996]
    Hi Laura,
    Well i think you should go up to that boy and say do you want to be my friend because i think God will want you to be his friend and i think you should say because i know you are all alone so do you want to be my friend and see what he says and if he says no than thats ok but i think he will say yes, but God will tell you if that is right.

God bless you all

but what if he said no?
    well its a good idea but...
  • Well I don't know why, but I feel that asking him right away wouldn't work, I mean the poor kid doesn't even know you. I say, like, sit by him and introdouce yourself, and before you get up ask him if you want to be friends...
  • thank u guys 4 your opinions & advice.. i'll try pray and see what happens.. :)

GBU all!

laura

• i agree with marmar.
    go for it
    god is giving u an oppurtunity to show everyone wat a true copt would do ;D