Mistaken words

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
why would we say those words in the first place...how many of you here think that taking the holy words and shoving them some place else and replacing them with mistaken words...and what I mean of that...if that we have no authority that controls us besides our parents...and if you don't follow a certain rule...your whole life including your reputation will be ruined...how many of you here...think that using the words that are mistakened by lots and lots and hundreds and thousands of people...is wrong...and why is it wrong? why do you think that people use these words?

Questions:
1) How many of you here think that taking the holy words and shoving them some place else and replacing them with mistaken words?
2) How many of you here think that using the words that are mistakened by lots of people is wrong? Why?
3) Why do you think people use these words?
4) What if someone from church came up to you and said I can't stop swearing can you help me stop? Would you help them stop...or say I gotta go?
5) What if someone randomly came up to you and started to say the mistaken words?

Comments

• answers: lol
    1) not sure about the question
    2) yes. even if the whole world is wrong, doesnt make the action justifiable. do the right thing for your own sake.
    3) misinformed. it becomes common and the meaning is distorted thru overuse
    4)yes! that is your duty as a copt to help other members of the church who are stumbling "if you give a cup of cold water to these little one your reward will not be forgotten" (not sure about phrasing and refrence)
    5)correct them by setting an example

hope that helped ;D
    TAIO
  • Thank you Taio...but it's everyone's opinion...your post was great...now anyone else can answer the questions...and btw...#1 correction the question was supposed to be:

1) How many of you here think that taking the holy words and shoving them some place else and replacing them with mistaken words is wrong? If not is it right? Why?
  • i dont get that question either lol.... and i agree with everything Taio said, so my answers were stolen...
  • ;D
    oops

well, about #1 : wat words being shoved where and replaced with wat? lol
  • i dont get it, read my previous post...
  • i don't get what u mean ppl, some1 explain!! :-\
  • I meant if you took the nice and normal words and instead replaced them with swear or mistaken words
  • hmmm!
    thnx 4 explaining!
  • anytime...can anybody tell me there opinion?
  • well 4 the first question you should keep nice words the way they are, save urself the trouble...