Magic

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
First question: Do you believe in magic?

Second question: Do you believe in superstitions or bad lucks?

Comments

• no, our churh has completely banned any form/belief of magic, superstitions or luck. whatever god has planned for you well happen, luck or no luck, magic or no magic.
  • well technically there is a such thing as magic, but it is completely from satan. There is magic, but we don't believe in it.
    like Christ4life said the church is totally against it.

• of course card tricks and anything of their sort are as harmless as a some sports, but do you consider them magic?
  • i don believe in magic- i think its like a childish thing lol but someitmes im supersticious (sorry bout spelling) like i dunno ive always learnt that opening an umbrella inside a house, screaming in a bathroom, having a shoe thats upside down is all badluck lol
    an im always doin that "touch wood" thing- but did u know that came from jesus; like the cross ;)
  • not really...but the points that mazza said:"like i dunno ive always learnt that opening an umbrella inside a house, screaming in a bathroom, having a shoe thats upside down is all badluck"
    like it is all we got from old people like tizza and gidos they probaply were just joking and it became popular because what happened if you did opened an umprella in the house inside the door???i think thats fake!!
  • and by the way if you want to teach your self some magic do to disney channel in the comercials they do sometimes some tricks!
  • frstly i gotta say,
    I DO believe in Magic, as it is Existent... but No, i don't like that stuff, it's all stupido...

there is a verse in the Bivle that goes something like this ..."do u believe in God... (someting) the Devil also believes in God"

because God is Existant... same with magic, i Belive it, coz it is Existent... lol

but magic is a no-no, what a thread, what a question....
    n e ways...
  • [quote author=Mikhail™ link=board=12;threadid=2285;start=0#msg34776 date=1123948066]
    frstly i gotta say,
    I DO believe in Magic, as it is Existent... but No, i don't like that stuff, it's all stupido...

there is a verse in the Bivle that goes something like this ..."do u believe in God... (someting) the Devil also believes in God"

because God is Existant... same with magic, i Belive it, coz it is Existent... lol

but magic is a no-no, what a thread, what a question....
    n e ways...

nice one!
  • but what about the story of Ballam and Ballak? when Ballak asked Ballam the sorcerer to come and curse Israel for him? Was that not magic?
  • i am clueless about that story can someone please explain?
  • are you serios....but those arenot considered as magic those are just tricks!i mean by magic when they put someone in the bos and they cut the box!into 2 pieces!!
    you know the one with the rubber band i did it and i do it to my friends at school!!
  • i agree with marmar91!but how do they do those tricks when they put someone in a box and then cut the box into half??i don't think those are tricks!! :-\
  • The whole magic deal is just full of tricks...unless satan is inside them and acting that magic on them...then it's all a bunch of tricks and people can learn it...
    Yes..magic does exist...but only the devil and his helpers can do such thing...not just regular human being
  • I actually belief that magic does exsist because saint paul told us about it, and saint Keriakos was a magician and also in the stories of Moses and saint George there were magicians and sorcerers that could do nearly impossibe things like turn rods into snakes or bring frogs from a river (Exodus7:11) . I believe that magic is a friendship with the devil, he does anything you want (supernatural or natural) in return you have to leave christ and lose your heavenly life. The belief in bad luck on the other hand, no saint mentioned it or any thing like that so we can't really take it seriously.
  • i don't think there is something called magic!
  • 10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the LORD, and because of these abominations the LORD your God drives them out from before you. 13 You shall be blameless before the LORD your God.

so by that you mean that magic exists! :-[ya mama and all of that time i thought there was nothing called magic and it is all tricks!
  • lol you are funny!!like me hahahaha!but i don't believe in magic either!huh
  • oh my........i didn't notice that before! ::) !i am such a bad person...but nice one marmar91! ;)
  • still, no one answered to explain how ballam the sorcerer was commanded by God, and why God asked him to bless Israel and curse Moab instead
    (story of Ballam and Ballak in the old testament...exodus somewhere...sorry no reference)
  • lol i don't even what is that story is i never heard of it before!
  • [quote author=sandrahanna link=board=12;threadid=2285;start=15#msg35552 date=1124753673]
    lol i don't even what is that story is i never heard of it before!

me 2... im clueless, anybody care to explain??? ??? ??? lol...
  • i raelly need someone to tell me this story!! ;D ;D
  • numbers 22-24 its when Israel was going to the promised land, and they were passing throught the land of Moab; and Moab "hired" Ballam; a supposed "sorcerer" to curse Israel before Moab went to fight them
  • he didnt consider himself a sorcerer, but to the people of the land he was....which may be an example of how God uses us...but then again, thats not a name to use.
  • still, no one answered to explain how ballam the sorcerer was commanded by God, and why God asked him to bless Israel and curse Moab instead
    (story of Ballam and Ballak in the old testament...exodus somewhere...sorry no reference)

numbers 22-24 its when Israel was going to the promised land, and they were passing throught the land of Moab; and Moab "hired" Ballam; a supposed "sorcerer" to curse Israel before Moab went to fight them

Which did he curse, one's moab and one's Isreal??
  • sorry...Moab; He cursed Moab because God commanded him to not curse Israel, but bless them instead
  • If he didn't consider himself a sorcerer, God didn't either. God considered him somebody to work through. It's like when a priest blesses a place or house and does incense inside it. Is that magic? No far from it...
  • yeah i know this story!!i heard it before!!
  • i belive in trix like all those books that teach you trix! i do NOT belive in superstiosions or luck that is banned from church and that is completely away from our religion.
  • [quote author=CopticChica21 link=board=12;threadid=2285;start=30#msg36302 date=1125341721]
    i belive in trix like all those books that teach you trix! i do NOT belive in superstiosions or luck that is banned from church and that is completely away from our religion.

thats what i am talking about!