Why 41?

2»

Comments

• WOW this article is like 1 big math problem...lol
    [move]Monica[/move]
  • [quote author=MarMar91 link=board=1;threadid=2194;start=30#msg33992 date=1123000566]
    :-[ sorry... But i don't think u guys answered about the 100 Lord Have Mercy's in everyt direction, so i ansered that.. but i was just hsaring my thoguths... again, sorry :-[ :-\

btw, about the 50 for St. MARY, I am confused, i don't think we do that in my church... no im pretty sure we dont...

no church does fifty... only 12... and no reason to be sorry... we all get confussed
  • no church does fifty... only 12...

It's 50 in every church...i have never heard of the 12 one
  • [quote author=Marianne87 link=board=1;threadid=2194;start=30#msg34298 date=1123372162]

no church does fifty... only 12...

It's 50 in every church...i have never heard of the 12 one

there are one hundered to the east... west... north... then south... then 12 to the east....
  • the 12 to the east are the ones in the long tune, and it usually continues for the procession before the burial. This last procession is symbol of Joseph and Nicodemus who took the body of Christ to bury it.

Nywayz, i heard the 50 for St Mary are kinda nonsense and made up the last couple of years. It doesnt make sense to say 50 Kiri eleison's anyway....anyone?? ???
  • It's only done on Good Friday after the 400 kiryilison...I have no idea what's its significance is...but it's just honoring the Mother of God with no significance to the number.
  • are you sure its 50 because the 12 in the end could sometimes feel pretty long...
  • Well it's 50 in both the churches I attended...back in Egypt and here...they both do it 50 so ya idk if it's new or not...we have been doing it since i was young i guess...
  • i have a soln, ill ask Abouna and get back to all of u

Gb
  • anybody have the answer to this?