Confession problems

I was wondering if someone has commited a major sin like murder and it was well known who did it and abouna had heard about it could he deny communion to that person if the person didnt confess it to him? because i know abouna can not ask someone about something they have done unless they confess it so can he deny him communion still?

aghape,
chris

Comments

• hi

to answer ur question, he can not. it would be like judging them. also, the person might have already confessed his sin to another priest, and the might have already repented. so i highly doubt that a priest would even do that (cuz they are good people) even if they could, which i don't think they can.

God Bless
  • If he would've created a major sin like murder like u said....wouldnt they like be in jail?????
    [move]Monica[/move]
  • True. What monica said was right. If it was obvious he was the murderer, wouldn't he be under custody in the least?
  • I agree with the whole "he'll be judging us" thing but at the same time, priests have done it before. You come to take communion and then they'll say something to make you stop in your tracks and rethink everything. Personally, I'd never want to be in that position.

sleepy
  • [quote author=CopticChris434 link=board=4;threadid=2111;start=0#msg32642 date=1121574148]
    I was wondering if someone has commited a major sin like murder and it was well known who did it and abouna had heard about it could he deny communion to that person if the person didnt confess it to him? because i know abouna can not ask someone about something they have done unless they confess it so can he deny him communion still?

aghape,
    chris

Actually maybe the guy that commited the sin is waiting for the right time to confess to the Lord well, actually abouna but the confession goes through abouna and I hope no one breaks the 10 commandments like everyday or else I think they should get there consequences GOD BE WITH YOU ALL!